Chapter Five: Why Do You Care?

His hands continue holding you steadily – You hold your breath, as you realise you are trapped in the situation. After the silence has resigned over the both of you for too long, his eyes have grown more attentive. You chuckle and it clearly throws him off.

y/n: Why do you care? 

Your snarky remark triggers a crooked grin – He pulls you closer. His finger tips are now digging into the back of your waist.

Pierre leans in again, and starts whispering into your ear.

Pierre: I don't... 

y/n: Nah... of course you don't Gasly... You were just irritated enough by it, to show up and see me to ask about Lando... But of course you don't care...

You sigh deeply. How is your body so into his dominance?

Pierre's PoV:

The moment you hear her say your last name, you grow weak. It sounds so good coming from her lips... She pulls away slightly, but you're not ready to let her go – Instead you glide your hands down her waist and place them back on the table – One hand on either side of her body. With her newly found freedom, she turns around to continue packing up her handbag. You close your eyes as you inhale her sweet scent. Why did she have to return? Why did she come back into your life? Being into her from afar is a lot easier than having this gorgeous temptation parading around in front of you – She's your best friends little sister – You sigh slowly. She places her handbag on her shoulder. You're not done yet, but you don't want to freak her out either. 

You definitely saw the glimpse in her eyes though – She doesn't hate what you're doing.

You lift your hands from the desk, and she steps to the side and walks towards the door. 

Pierre: I just don't want you messing around with some random dude.

She halts and looks over her shoulder before darting your direction. Now you're the one leaning against the desk. She places her hand bag down again before starting:

y/n: Get it out! Get all of your annoying little remarks out!

You're confused. 

Pierre: Huh? *You laugh at her new attitude*

y/n: Get all of it out! 

You stare blankly at her... She's not stupid, she knows what you're doing by telling her to stay away from Lando... or any other guy for that matter. 

y/n: Oh now you've lost your words!? Now!? Seriously Pierre!?

Pierre: Stop yelling at me.

A provoking look has settled into her usually calm eyes. You grin at her irritation.

y/n: Fine!

You chuckle as she realises she's still yelling at you.

Pierre: What do you want me to say?

Frustration sets in on her face; She throws her hands into the air and grabs her hand bag. 

y/n: Whatever! But don't you dare be protective of me!

She walks towards the door again.

Pierre calmly, yet sarcastically: Why not? Am I not like a big brother? Shouldn't I be protecting you from evil men?

She stops in her tracks again. This endless back and forth is rather amusing. She heads your way and places the bag down. Big brother was certainly the wrong wording: Never in a million years would you want y/n to see you as a big brother figure. 

When she's in front of you, you notice a change in tactic. 

y/n: You? Like a big brother Pierre? Never. 

She glides her hands up your chest, before wrapping her arms around you neck. You feel her body leaning against you – Good god. It feels better against you than you imagined it to feel like. She's doing the same you did to her before... Fuck... 

Her soft hand slides from the back of your neck along your face, until she's holding one side of your jaw with her thumb, and the other side with the remainder of her fingers. 

You're using every ounce of control and power to not let go of the table's rim, but after she looks you deep into your eyes, and gives you the slightest, softest, most unnoticeable kiss on the lips, you wrap your arms around her body. You feel her heart beating out of her chest and you feel the warmth in her entire body. Surprisingly, she lets you hold her for a moment, but she's weaponising everything she has to make her stupid little point; You are into her, you don't want her with other guys and you certainly don't want her with Lando.

y/n whispers: You aren't a big brother – You are my big brother's best friend. That's what you are and thats why I can touch you like this. If I would see you as a big brother this would be awkward, right? *The both of you nod* You prance around acting all macho... Trying to prevent me from seeing guys... I have a big brother who's protective, I don't need you to act as if I'm yours. Because Love, I'm not.  

She's in control now – She removes herself from your arms.  

y/n: Nor will I ever be. You might have grown up. You might be less repulsive. You might be more intriguing now. But I'm not infatuated with you. None of these touches mean anything to me.

You stare her right into her eyes. That's a lie; You felt her heart beating out of her chest. You felt that turned on, agitated breath... You felt how she pushed her body against yours.

Pierre: If they don't why did you just kiss me y/n?

y/n: I don't care about you Gasly. That's why. I just proved my point. 

Y/n's PoV:

You see the dismay on his face. You don't know how any of this escalated, nor do you know why you secretly enjoyed it, but you need to set an end to this, before it even begins. You have a deal with Charles – No dating or romantic endeavours with his close friends. You agreed. And you hate Pierre. Deeply hate him. 

Or at least you did. Before he touched you like this...

You told a lie – Him touching you meant something to you. Him whispering into your ear meant something. Him hugging you tightly meant something. And worst of all, you running your hands along his body and his face turned you on. 

So did that tiny kiss on his soft lips. Maybe you are infatuated with Pierre Gasly. 

Pierre: Alright. You don't care. Nothing of this meant anything.

y/n: Exactly.

You feel the heat rise to your face.

Pierre: Why did your heart beat so heavily then when you kissed me?

y/n: It didn't.

Pierre: Ohh! We're playing this game now? It did y/n. I felt it. 

You shake your head softly – FUCK. Why didn't you just leave with Kim? Then none of this would've happened.

y/n: Stop it!

Pierre laughs.

Pierre: Stop what? You are the one who started it!

y/n: Quit it!

Pierre starts laughing again, and then before he can talk back to you, someone enters the office.

Charles: What the actual fuck is going on here? Why are you two screaming at each other like you did when you were 12!?

The two of you freeze, as if you were caught doing something you weren't allowed to do– Oh yea... You were doing something you weren't allowed to do. Great. 

At least Charles didn't walk in on the two of you feeling each other up though... Or you kissing Pierre. Char stares at you waiting for an answer.