Chapter Eighty-Three: The Cake Dispute

Y/n's PoV:

Lorenzo greets you and you have some standard small talk for a moment. You slice off another piece of the cheesecake, offering it to Pierre - He opens his mouth, and you give it to him. His eyes light up, the same way yours did two seconds ago when you had your first bite, and you hand him the fork, allowing him to have some more.

Lorenzo: I wanted to ask if you needed to be picked up from the airport in Nice.

You give his preposition a thought.

y/n: Is Charles also being picked up?

Lorenzo: I don't know when he's arriving, so no, not as of now. I don't think you're on the same flight to be honest - He mentioned something about earlier in the morning I think. I know when you're coming though, so I thought I'd offer you a ride.

y/n: Okay, yeah, it would be nice if you came to pick me up. I'd appreciate it.

Lorenzo: Cool, consider it done then - If any of your friends need a ride, we can take them too.

You're quite sure Kim and Georgia would be delighted if they didn't have to take a shuttle bus or a normal bus that takes double the time a car would...

y/n: Thanks! I'll text you the details as soon as I know about the exact times, okay?

Lorenzo: Sounds good.

y/n: Great, then-

You're about to say goodbye, when he continues. You pull your plate away from Pierre, as he's nearly eaten the whole thing. He gives you a disappointed look - Fine. You slide it back to him.

Lorenzo: So uhm...

y/n: Yeah?

Pierre gets the waiter's attention, ordering another piece of cake. You rest your hand on his leg.

Lorenzo: How have you and Charles been then?

y/n sighs: It's still a mess Enzo - I don't really want to talk about it to be honest.

Lorenzo: Yeah, I get that, I just need to ask two or three things. Please...

You sigh loudly, as Pierre glances over at you.

y/n: Okay... Shoot...

Lorenzo: Charles told me a bit ago that you threatened to quit working at Ferrari. I guess I was wondering if you were really going to do it.

You expected everything but that question to be honest.