Chapter Fifteen: The Marks

Pierre's PoV:

You watch her exit the park hastily. Is there even a point in chasing after her right now? Naturally you want to, but after her storming off... It wouldn't change much. She made up her mind.

She clearly needs time to cool off, and if she runs away from you, then there's a reason for it... You learned from earlier today... If she walks away from you, don't chase after her. You walk back to the bench you just sat on - You sit down and run your hand through your hair. Anything you would have said in response to her question, would have ultimately just dug your grave deeper than it already was. And truthfully, now that you think about it, you don't even know why you went on that date... You shouldn't have, but the plans were set, and frankly, y/n didn't give you any signs of hope that were worth cancelling plans over.

Sure you could've just had dinner with Charles and y/n instead, but what's done is done. You can't change it anymore - You fucked up yet again, which is seemingly becoming a trend, but even if you would've cancelled the date with the blonde, you wouldn't have gotten any further with y/n in the meantime. You sigh as you look up.

The sky is somewhat cloudy - Preventing you from seeing the moon. You push yourself off the bench and get out your phone. Charles messaged you a bunch of times... Goddamn it. Why is she his sister? With a warranted sense of guilt, both for betraying Charles' wishes, and for letting down y/n by going on that date, even though you couldn't have known that she was into you, you head back to your hotel.

Charles' PoV:

God you love race days... The sun is shining, your hotel room was nice and quiet, and you woke up before the alarm, which is a supreme feeling. You already went on a run with your personal trainer and you just finished breakfast. There's this peaceful atmosphere today...

You exit the hotel lobby and get into your car. You're going to drive your sister and yourself to the track ahead of time, so that she can get to work, and that you can get some of your interviews done. Y/n told you she'd be out in a second.

The radio hums quietly in the background, as you're scrolling through Instagram. You open some of the stories, and see what people were up to last night. Max went on some sort of dinner date, Lando was out with his friends at a bar, and Lewis was in the gym... The passenger side door opens, and she gets into the car. Her hair is down - Doesn't she usually wear it up in the mornings?

Charles: Hey, ready to-

When her hair moves to the side, you see a trail of matted shadows on her neck. You pause in your tracks, when you see the covered up bruises - Are those?

y/n: Hey, yeah I'm ready. Are you excited for today?

You reach over to her hair, with the intent of moving it, but she pulls away. Practically flinching when you reach for her hair. That told you everything you needed to know: The bruises are hickies, otherwise she wouldn't have reacted like that.

y/n annoyed: What are you doing?

You reach back towards her hair, while you answer.

Charles: There's a bug or something.

A weird expression appears on her face. She doesn't move and you act as if you're removing the 'bug'. You flip her hair over her shoulder - She tried covering them, but she missed a spot that's nearly behind her ear.

Charles sighs: Okay it's gone...

She immediately pulls her hair back again; Covering up the tracks of hickies that some guy left on her. You don't even want to think about it, but you have to, you need to protect her from guys like this. Where- No, when- No... How far? Jesus, you don't even want to know! Who? That's all you need to know to set an end to it. Whoever he is, he's a dead man now.

y/n: Thanks... So, are you excited for the race?

Charles: Yeah, I am.

You shake your head as you turn on the engine. Damn that was a shitty lie about the bug... To be honest it was the best you could come up with on such short notice; At least it allowed you to look at her neck. Silence settles in as you head towards the track. Fuck! It must have happened last night - You saw her before the hickies appeared, and you saw her now, when they're there... It was last night. Jesus. You can't shake the disgusted feeling; No brother wants to think of some guy touching their little sister - Laying their filthy hands on her... Marking her the way he did. Fuck.

You're ten minutes away from track, when you can't hold it in anymore. You practically burst.

Charles abruptly: What are those marks!?

You stare at the road - You don't take your eyes off of the street, but you feel hers on you.

y/n confused: What?

Charles slightly aggressive: The marks on your neck y/n. Who did that to you?

y/n: Does it matter!?