Chapter Thirty-Eight: Sexist Prick

Charles' PoV:

Y/n shifts in her spot a little; Keenly watching you. Your mind practically goes blank. Oh fuck.

Charles shrugs: I mean...

Her eyebrows scrunch together - Oh she's judging you right now.

y/n chipper: So what? They get to flirt with me, since they're guys, but I'm not allowed to?

Charles frantically: No-

y/n smiles: But it sounds like it... Are you sure it's not about me initiating contact? Or... Oh my god... Please tell me this isn't like a "I'd let my friends hit that" thing-

Charles annoyed: What the fuck y/n!? No-

y/n confused: So why aren't you bothered by Lando flirting with me, and asking me out?

Charles: You're twisting the words in my mouth, before I've even explained myself- Good God... Give me a damn second to answer...

y/n shrugs: So... Explain...

She places down her hand bag on the table, before comfortably sitting in her chair again. She flips one leg over the other, before keenly smiling at you, waiting for an explanation; Y/n's having her little round of feminist-fun right now.

Charles sighs: Look - It's not like that, at all...

y/n: Aha... What's it like then?

You don't even know what to fucking answer; She's low key got a point, but you can't admit that or expose the bet to her. If she finds out you'll stand there as an asshole, and your sister is not going to trust you anymore.

Sure it was fun betting on it, and sure, you'll be right about her not going out with him, but you don't want your little sister losing her trust, faith and sense of safety in you.

Fuck... It's your job to keep her safe, even if she asks for freedom and independence, and you failed miserably at that, by exposing her to this type of bullshit.

Charles frustrated: It's not about my friends...

You hesitate.

Charles: Or no, better said, it's not about letting my friends "hit that" - By the way no man actually talks like that - Or maybe they do, but my friends and I don't talk like that...

One of her eyebrows lifts critically.

Charles scoffs: C'mon, don't react like that. I respect women. My friends do too. So no, we don't say let's "hit that".

y/n: Fine, no "I'd hit that". Don't know about the respect part either, but sure, continue. This isn't about either of that.

Why is she acting like this? Fuck man. Okay sure, Pierre is fucked up sometimes, and sure, you sometimes just judge women on their appearance, but overall you're a lot better than most guys towards women. God... You even justifying that to yourself proves her point.

Charles: Yeah, so, it's not about them or you initiating, and one being more acceptable over the other - It's more that...