Chapter Eighteen: Tranquillity

To avoid any complications, you let Charles know via text that you're going to get a ride from Kim, who's staying at the same hotel as you. On the way back, the two of you stop at a drugstore - She needs new toiletries, while you want to get some snacks for later tonight.

You head down the shampoo and body wash aisle when she gives you a soft smile.

Kim: I was meaning to ask...

She chooses a shampoo, opens it and sniffs at it.

y/n: Yeah?

She places it back on the shelf.

Kim: God I hate the smell of lavender...

You chuckle, as she proceeds to open the next bottle. Who hates the smell of lavender??

Kim: There were some rumours that Charles and you got into some sort of fight...

If F1 has taught you one thing so far, it's that news and rumours travel faster than the speed of light in the paddock. You glance at her, while she shakes her head again, returning the second bottle to its original place on the shelf.

y/n chuckles: Really?

She nods for a moment, before finding a shampoo she actually likes - She holds it out to you, and a neutral fruity scent rises up to your nose. She places the bottle in her basket, while browsing the shelves for a suitable conditioner.

Kim: I mean, yeah, some staff member says they drove past you arguing in the car, or something like that...

You want to give Kim a shot as a friend, so you open up a tiny bit...

y/n: We did fight, but it's about nothing important anyways...

Kim: It wouldn't have to do with your neck, huh?

You place your left hand over the hickies - You feel your face turning a little red. You did your best to touch it up again at lunch, but seemingly you need a new concealer...

y/n: Guess I'll head to the concealer section next...

Kim laughs: I promise, it's not even that bad!

She dumps two bottles of conditioner into her shopping basket.

y/n: Are you sure it's not? I really did do my best to cover it-

Kim: Oh honey, it's really not so bad... I just noticed it because I sat in the office with you all day, and you tied up your hair for a bit... You need to use a colour corrector under your concealer though, then it will be a lot better.

You walk past rows of toothpaste, and eventually you land in front of the makeup section.

y/n sighs: It's not like I have to usually cover any hickies... Ugh, I don't even know why he had to make it look so bad...

She holds up a green colour corrector - Inspecting it, before chucking it into your basket.

Kim: That will do - Yeah, I hate when guys kiss my neck... To be honest I'm no fan of it in the first place, I just can't enjoy it.

y/n laughs: I don't hate it - It's quite nice when the guy knows what he's doing...

You pause for a minute as you get flashbacks from last night again; His hands are running up and down your waist, and his mouth is working its way up your neck.

y/n: Just the hickies in itself suck...

You grab a few more things from the makeup section, before picking out some snacks. You briefly tell her about Charles freaking out about it, how he pulled over the car and how thankful and indebted you are to her for driving you now...

Kim cheekily: Are you going to tell me who it was?

You smile at her while you shake your head no; This can't leave your lips. Only Mary can ever know about this.

Kim: Oh come on! I bet it was that cute mechanic I saw you talking to yesterday morning...

You burst into laughter.

y/n: You don't seriously think I would make out with Larry, right!?

She says it's her best guess - Luckily she drops the topic when she gets distracted by the chips aisle. You have some candy and some chocolate, as well as a few energy drinks, in your basket; You've been inhaling Red Bulls lately... Is it a terrible habit? Absolutely. Will you stop? Probably not for now...

You check out and head back to her car. She tosses her stuff on the back seat, redoes her lip gloss and then gets going. When you arrive at the hotel, she gives you a tight hug and you go your separate ways. You truly want Kim to become your friend, but you're a little slow in terms of opening up... You simply can't tell someone your entire life story within the first week of meeting them... Well technically you could, but obviously you won't... In the car Kim told you about her family and the path she had to take to end up in Formula One, so at least the both of you opened up a little today.

---

The evening exudes tranquillity; You put on a face mask, finally had the time to paint your nails and you spent twenty minutes under the shower, doing all sorts of things ranging from washing your hair to shaving your legs. Afterwards you turned on Netflix...

You start watching 'Life as we know it' and you stuff your face full of candy, presumably eliminating the need for a proper dinner... As you said, tranquillity at its finest...

When the movie is at about the half, there's a knock on your door. God, you don't want to get out of bed right now...

You open the door - Immediate regret follows. Pierre stares at you in your Snoopy pjs, with a messy bun and gummy bears in your hand. He tries his best not to smile, pressing his lips against each other, but the smile slips out nonetheless. You close your eyes in a moment of shame, but of course he won't ever let you forget that this happened.

Pierre: Well, this might be the most I've ever been attracted to you...

y/n: Oh shush!

His blue eyes stalk you through the room, as you walk away from the door, leaving it open for him to enter. You try reminding yourself that you don't want to see him, and that he's trouble, but you can't help it; You like that he's near you right now.

You hate that he came.

You hate that he called earlier.

You hate that he asked you if you were okay.

You hate that you even let him kiss you.

You hate that you even kissed him first - Before he kissed you!

You hate that you just let him into your room...

...But at the same time you like that he's approaching you. You like that he cracked a joke about him being more attracted to you now. And worst of all, you like how you feel, now that he's in your presence.