Chapter Eighty-Two: Number One Priority

Pierre's PoV:

Her eyes soften, and her lips slowly form a little smile.

y/n whispers: I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

You chuckle – Waiting for her to say it back, but you're not sure she will.

Pierre whispers: And I didn't just say that cause we just had sex, okay? I meant it.

y/n smiles: I know Baby... I know...

You stroke her hair, as she leans towards your lips again.

Pierre happily: Good...

y/n smiles: So you were ready for me to hear it this time, huh?

You smile.

Pierre whispers: Yeah...

y/n teases: Max should've been here...

Pierre smiles: Oh shush...

She places her hand on your cheek, slowly letting her thumb glide back and forth over your beard.

y/n whispers: Pierre?

Pierre: Hmm?

y/n quietly: I uhm...

There's an incredible amount of vulnerability in her gaze. She continues to stroke her thumb back and forth. Her heart is beating out of her chest – You can feel it – Yours is too.

y/n whispers: I don't want to just say "I love you", just because you said it. I want to mean it when I say it.

You nod slowly, fully understanding where she's coming from. You're lightyears ahead of her in terms of what you feel for her, and you know that.

Pierre softly: I understand Baby, there's no rush. None whatsoever. We have time.

A small smile appears.

y/n quietly: I love what we have become though – I love how you take care of me, and how you treat me... I love how you focus on me, how you listen, how you satisfy me in every way there is.

You grin stupidly.

y/n smiles: And I love the comfort, the laughter, the safety and the peace you provide.

Pierre whispers: I'll continue with all of that mon amour. You're the most important thing to me right now.

y/n whispers: Apart from racing...

Pierre chuckles: Yeah... You and F1 are up there...

y/ smiles: Lucky for you that I don't mind sharing...

Pierre smiles: Notice how I said "You" first though...?

You laugh, as she presses a kiss onto the area over your heart.

y/n whispers: Totally caught onto that Baby...

Pierre softly: I mean it though y/n... You're my number one priority – I've got all the time in the world. There's no rush for you to say anything you aren't ready to say yet.

She presses another gentle kiss onto your lips, before thanking you.

Later that day

Y/n and you are sitting in a café. The waiter brings her the piece of cake that she ordered, and she starts slicing it apart, only to be disturbed by a ringing sound. You check your phone – It's not yours... Might be hers.

Pierre: Is it yours?

She shrugs, as she pulls out the phone from her purse. She shows you the name on the screen: Lorenzo. She answers the call, before picking up her fork again.

You love that she seems so happy right now.