Chapter Seventy-Two: Trust Him

y/n's PoV:

You start editing the article that Georgia gave you, when your phone starts ringing; That's odd that Pierre is calling you this close to the qualifying. The office is nearly empty anyways, and Kim is wearing headphones, so you pick up:

y/n: Hey, is everything okay?

Pierre quickly: Yes Baby, yes, just trust and listen to me, okay?

Why are you getting a bad feeling about this? There's a lot of background noise and he's rushing his words.

y/n: Uhm, okay?

Pierre: Promise me you won't open any sort of F1 related social media–

y/n confused: Why?

Pierre: And don't watch the qualifying – Or any of the press or media related things, okay? Just trust me. Don't look at any of it.

y/n worried: Pierre, what did you do? What is this about?

Pierre chuckles: Ma chérie, I promise you, I didn't do anything – You'll find out tonight, I'll come by to pick you up a little earlier than seven, so that we can talk, but y/n, promise me you won't look at anything.

Heat rushes to your face, as you're met with the uncomforting reality of the unknown. What is this about? Is there a girl? Fuck, please no. The thought of some girl being caught with Pierre makes you nauseous. Is there some sort of fake gossip? Did someone leak something private on him and you?

Your mind starts spinning.

y/n confused: Why shouldn't I look at it?

Pierre hectically: Baby – There's simply something you shouldn't see. I will tell you everything tonight, and please don't worry or freak out, everything is fine, but I want us to discuss it – I don't want other people's thoughts and opinions clouding your judgement on the matter.

The more he says, the worse you feel; Clouding your judgement on the matter? WHAT FUCKING MATTER? No, like what the actual fuck is this about? He can't just call you like this, freak you the fuck out and then not tell you anything!

Pierre continues: And ma chérie, today won't be the day where you don't listen to me – Listen and don't look at anything. Okay, I have to get into the car now! Please don't worry, mon amour!

Before you can even respond, he hangs up the call. There's an itch in your fingertips, that wants you to open up Instagram right now, to see what's happening – You listen to him though. He wouldn't tell you not to, especially the way he just did, if this was just fun and games. Usually you'd fight back on this, but maybe you should just trust him. It's actually freaking you out.

Fuck. Your stomach starts twisting and turning in anxiety, and your mind starts running through a billion and one possibilities; What shouldn't you see?

As pathetic as it is, the anxiety starts taking a toll on you – Georgia sends you back to the hotel, since you're clearly not well, and when you get there, you just crawl into bed. You're fucking stressed because of work, because of the situation with Charles, and now because of Pierre's secret 'Don't look at it thing'.