Chapter Ninety-One: I Didn't Ask

y/n's PoV:

08:11

Soft kisses wake you up - Pierre's face is hovering over yours, when you slowly, and very hesitantly, open your eyes. He chuckles as you close them again - You're absolutely and utterly not ready to face the day. What if you could just stay here? Simply stay in bed, savouring the existing perfection, and ignoring all the drama, responsibilities and problems that exist outside of your little bubble.

He strokes your cheek carefully, inquiring if you have a hangover.

y/n groans: Kind of, yeah-

Pierre whispers: I'll get you an Aspirin, okay?

You nod, while pulling yourself up. He vanishes in the bathroom, only to return with a little pouch - He throws it onto the bed. The bag is filled with different supplements, creams, bandages and pills. Just the standard stuff really... You pull out the Aspirin, and he brings you his water bottle.

y/n: Thank you.

You throw back the pill, directly following it up with some water. He presses a soft kiss onto the crown of your head, saying it will get better any minute now. He glances at his watch.

Pierre sighs: You have half an hour before we need to leave for the harbour...

y/n nods: Okay...

The bathroom mirror is still fogged up from Pierre's shower - He's been up for a hot minute apparently... He's dressed and ready to go. If you feel like shit, there's usually only one option: Showering.

There's no way around it... You turn on the faucet, untie your hair and get into the shower. Hot water streams along the contours of your body, and you feel the knot in your head loosen up.

It feels criminal to be expected to face Charles and Gabrielle today, as if nothing ever happened. As if she hadn't blatantly disrespected you, lied and manipulated Charles. You still stand by last night's decision: You're done.

Why try?

It's foolish to give up, you know that, but there's no point behind fighting any more. It's been enough. If he wants to be with a liar, he can be your guest - Have at it Charles... Enjoy your picture perfect Disney Princess... That's apparently a Villain on the inside.

Fuck them. You swish around some cleanser in the palm of your hands until it bubbles, before spreading it out on your face.

You love that Pierre bought doubles of all your favourite products... It makes getting ready at his place so much easier. It was an expensive shopping trip for him, and he moaned about all the stuff a lot, but you're quite sure he secretly loved it...

After all, you saw him sniffing and trying all your products... and he asked what everything does, which was pretty damn cute.

When you're positive that you removed all of last night's make-up and shame, you wash your hair and your body. Eventually you get out of the shower, and get dressed.

If you could, you'd thank past-you for actually using her brain: She put a bikini, an outfit, a beach robe and a pair of sunglasses into his suitcase... Past-you is fucking brilliant.

Pierre enters the room and practically freezes when he sees you.

y/n smiles: What?

Pierre grins: Uhhhh...

You step towards him - His hands glide around your waist.

y/n whispers: Yes, mon amour?

Pierre chuckles: I just realised I have the hottest girlfriend.

You burst into laughter, as he continues to hype you up - A kiss finally manages to shut him up.

y/n sighs: I'm really dreading this...

Pierre nods: I know you are Baby...

He pulls you in for a hug - What would you do without him?

...probably die because of a lack of good sex and humour.

Hey, he's useful for something after all... You chuckle to yourself, as he presses a kiss onto the side of your head.

Pierre whispers: You kept mumbling about Charles in your sleep...

y/n sighs: Ugh, no way. See, he won't even leave me alone... Not even when I'm trying to sleep away my hangover.

Pierre smiles: I think you survived though... Just gotta get through today soldier...

y/n jokingly: Hey! What about we just go to some random ass beach, screw the boat... Just you and me? Hmm? What do you say?

He pulls you in for a kiss.

Pierre whispers: I'll always say yes, but we have to go y/n. You know we have to. Think about Lorenzo.

You nod in defeat - He's not wrong. You promised.

Pierre sighs: Are you nearly done?

y/n: Hair and shoes, then yes.

He lets go of you, allowing you to do what you need to do.

The harbour is a ten minute walk from his hotel, so the two of you decide to walk.

He makes you laugh and distracts you, while you playfully swing your intertwined hands back and forth, as you make your way to the harbour. Before reaching the dock, you make him stop.

y/n whispers: Pierre, I need a moment.

Pierre quietly: We've got all the time in the world.

His hand finds its way to your face, where he strokes his thumb back and forth a couple of times. You exhale slowly.

y/n jokingly: This is our last chance to flee... Are you sure he's your best friend? Double check to see if this is really necessary.

Pierre gently: Y/n... I know joking is your way of coping, but if you genuinely don't want to - Then fuck them. Then we won't go. Do you want to go back to the hotel?

He steps towards you, before whispering into your ear. You wrap your arms around him.

Pierre whispers: I'm tired of seeing you so anxious, so dull and so drained. I want you to laugh and not to make shitty jokes about dodging your family and fleeing...

y/n sighs: I promised Enzo I'd come...

Pierre sternly: I didn't ask you if you promised something to someone, I asked if you want to go back to the hotel, ma chérie.

y/n quietly: I want to spend the day with Enzo and Arthur, and the girls...

Pierre nods: That's the answer I wanted. Okay then... Ready, or do you still need a second?

You push yourself onto your tiptoes to steal a kiss. Then you take his hand into yours.

y/n: Let's get this over with, shall we?

Pierre laughs: That's the attitude!