Chapter Thirty-Seven: Let's Flip This

Charles' PoV:

You check your watch; 17:40. You head across the paddock to return to Ferrari. You pass by Lando chatting to a blonde girl - Okay, you have to tease him right now and check up on his progress...

You circle back and you wrap your arm around his shoulder.

Charles: Hey!

Lando: Heyy man-

X : Oh my God, Hi...

You give her a flirty smile - Cause you can, and cause it will piss him off - She giggles in response.

Charles: Ma chérie, would you mind giving me a moment with Lando here?

You tap his shoulder, before removing your arm. She nods swiftly.

X : Of course Charles... Anything for you...

You chuckle - Sometimes the responses you get are hilarious. Lando's brows are lifted, waiting for her to be out of earshot.

Charles smiles: She's cute...

He nods.

Charles seriously: But she's not my sister... Have you given up already?

He starts laughing.

Lando: No way! I haven't...

Charles smirks: Did you even make a move on her?

He smiles.

Lando: Well, I did...

Charles: And?

She definitely rejected him. You know it. There's no way in hell that y/n would actually indulge in a guy like Lando.

Lando annoyed: She wasn't interested in lunch, and turned me down-

Charles: Ha! I told you so-

Lando scoffs: Slow down, I'm not finished yet... But I'll get her to agree to a date eventually. So she doesn't eat lunch... That's fine... Then she'll agree to dinner, or something else... She was into me, I sensed it... When she wasn't distracted that is...

What does he mean with "when she wasn't distracted"? You ignore it.

Charles smirks: She'll never agree... You know, you can also just give up, and ask the cute blonde for a date, I'm sure she'd agree immediately...

Lando chuckles: Nah man, I know what I want... And I still have till Sunday, so let me do my thing...

You talk to him for a couple more minutes, before you continue on down the paddock. When you pass the blonde, you wink at her.

---

You head towards y/n's office. When you enter the building, you can already hear her chipper laughter from down the hallway. Their office is conveniently directly next to the entrance... After a quick knock you're called in. Y/n's smile slowly fades when you come in, while her colleague's, who you think is called Kim, brightens.

Charles smiles: What's so funny?

Kim laughs: Lando asked her out, and she rejected him...