Chapter Thirty-Two: Yachting! Skiing! The Bahamas!

Pierre's PoV:

Pierre sternly: Charles.

Lando smiles: If she says no, and I don't get her to agree to a date before the race on Sunday, which she will, then I'll pay for a week-long vacation for you. Yachting! Skiing! The Bahamas! It's up to you!

Charles smiles: I want to state that I would never bet away on this, but I know you have no chance, so that's why I am doing it. I also need you to not hit on her when I'm around.

Lando laughs: Fine, so it's a bet?

Pierre seriously: No- Charles, are you crazy?

Charles laughs: It's a deal.

Pierre mad: Dude? She'll be pissed at you if she finds out about this? You're betting on your little sister like she's a race horse!?

Charles: Well she won't find out, and he won't go on a date with her - So I'm getting a holiday out of it! Race horse or not - She told me to stop being so protective of her, so here I go-

Pierre: There's being crazy protective, where you start yelling at her over a few hickies, and then there's being protective and not betting on your little sister like a dick!

Lando just starts laughing. What is happening right now? Has Charles lost his mind?

Pierre confused: This goes against every last principal you have about y/n? Dude, you spent the last three days busy with fixing a fight that you started, based on the fact that she went out with some guy from a bar-

You still hate that lie, but she did good by telling it, since it's believable.

Pierre adamant: You were the one who freaked out - You are the one who set the rule of her not being able to date any of your friends? So why do you agree to this!?

He seems astonished at your reaction - He pats your shoulder.

Charles laughs: It's fine Pierre, I know what I'm doing...

Pierre chuckles awkwardly: No, I don't think you do-

Charles smiles: She asked for more freedom, so here it is- If she's dumb enough to fall for Lando, then that's her freedom I guess, but she won't, since she's not stupid. Nothing will happen, and I'll get a vacation, so chill man.

You stare at him, unable to process any of what he just said and the fact that he agreed to this bet. What in the actual fuck is he doing? He legit darted at you because he had a sliver of doubt when she told you to stay away from you - But this? He agrees to some stupid bet? On the basis of getting a holiday he can pay for twenty times over if he wanted to?

Fuck you hate all of this.

The altitude must be bad for him, if he's agreeing to this. You don't care what he said - You're telling her. She'll stay away from Lando. She won't let him even flirt with him. She'll be pissed at Charles for a few days, and then everything will be fine. But she needs to at least know that this bet is going on-

Frankly you're completely freaking out right now, because y/n and you are fresh. There's no real label on it yet. It's a messy, emotion-driven secret.

Sure you went on a date, and you spent two consecutive nights in her bed, and sure she was very much into all of it, but you don't know how she'll react to Lando flirting with her. You don't want to find out either.

Y/n might change her mind about you - Realise how crappy you are. She might see something in him, even though he's just a British moron. Afterall, she was clearly into him flirting with her a couple of days ago... But that was before you and her...

She's yours...

...right?

...Fuck.

What the actual fuck is wrong with Charles for even agreeing to this?

Pierre sighs: I'm usually the one of us who messes up, but right now you're the one who's seriously fucking up. Betting on y/n like that is messed up. She's not a piece of meat-

Charles laughs: No she's not, but why do you care?

George stares at you - He's also picking up on a weird vibe.

Pierre: You said before that I care cause I've known her for ages. That's why I care, and I also care, because you're my best mate, who will regret all of this when it's over, and you'll realise that you did one of the most fucked up things ever.

You care, because you genuinely love y/n and she deserves better than Charles right now.

Charles: It's just a friendly bet man- You're overreacting!

Pierre sighs: I don't want any part in this. She deserves better than you betting like this.

You get up and sit on the other end of the jet. You still hear Charles and Lando laughing about it for a bit, but then there's some silence.

You're certainly no moral saint - Nor is y/n - The two of you had your fair share of fuck ups in the last week, but this?

This is truly fucked up. Especially coming from Charles, who acts like a protective figure for her. Even if she does reject Lando, and no date even happens, him betting on her is fucked up.

How the fuck do you even tell her? How do you tell y/n that her brother seemingly lost half his brain somewhere over Spain and bet on her as if she was some golden racing horse? Fuck.