Chapter Ninety-Four: Slippery Slope of Opportunities

y/n's PoV:

After a worry-free hour and a half, the lovely crew of the yacht have set up lunch for everyone. The table is meticulously set, with beautiful accent colours and sea shells gracing the table along the clothed centre piece. Everyone gathers around, and your Mom sends Arthur to get Elle and Charles from the sundeck above. You take a seat.

Pierre glides his hand up and down your warm back, whilst one of the crew members starts to explain the meal, as Char, Arthur and his new girlfriend join. Drinks get ordered, and you decide to hold back today - You certainly don't need more alcohol after the last couple of days.

Conversation is slow on Charles' end of the table. He is sulking, whilst Elle is trying to animate a conversation with Josi, who truly isn't cooperative. A ring echoes over the boat, and Pierre pulls out his phone.

Pierre: Sorry, I have to take this. I'll be right back.

He rests his hand on your back for a second, before leaving. Enzo and you just nod, whilst your Mom traces his steps away from the table.

The crew starts parading out the food on decorative plates, serving everyone what they would like to have. It's a mix of anything and everything. They have two or three types of fish, a meat alternative, and a vegetarian option. All of this is followed with fresh vegetables and multiple elaborate sides.

By the time you have gotten your food and drinks, Pierre returns, looking visibly uncomfortable. He prioritises the crew member asking what he'd like - You decline the rice in his name, knowing he won't eat it, and he chuckles at that.

All of you start eating, while you lean towards your man.

y/n whispers: What's up?

Pierre sighs: Uhm, I'll tell you after lunch, okay? It's kind of big.

He presses a kiss against your temple, and you just accept this response.

The cook outdid himself - The vegetables are great, the desert was better and the crew made you an incredible non-alcoholic drink. Enzo and your Mother miraculously try to get to know Pierre better, not as the kid they've known forever, but as a guy who's dating you.

After lunch everyone goes their separate ways on the boat to rest a little, while the captain decides to steer the boat to a second location. You've been pondering about what Pierre's call was about.

-

y/n: Here you go Baby...

You hand him the sunscreen. He takes some into the palm of his hand, before generously spreading it over his face, leaving white streaks everywhere. The two of you are sitting at the front of the boat, far away from everyone else.

Pierre: So-

y/n laughs: So...?

Pierre: Well, about the call-

y/n: Hmm?

You proceed to wipe some of the excess off of his face and onto his arms.

Pierre: It was something... Well... Unexpected ma chérie.

y/n nods: How so?