Chapter Ninety-Nine: Stab In The Back

Charles' PoV:

You cross the border into Italy, pushing down the gas pedal to its maximum - You had to clear your head, what else would you do other than driving?

The panic attack lasted a solid thirty minutes. By the end, you leaned against the shower wall, letting the water run over you, as you tried your best to control your breathing. Never in a thousand years did you think you would have to deal with anything like it.

The light darkens as you enter a tunnel. You've got a spot in mind you're steering towards.

---

The car door closes with a wham, and you stumble towards the bench. To be honest you're still fucking weak in the legs. Fresh ocean air rushes into your lungs, as you sit down, thanking the Gods that no one's here right now. You needed to get away from home, where everyone was badgering you, asking a million questions about Elle, and y/n, and why Mom is so disappointed in you.

Fucking hell. Can't your mind just go silent for a bit?

You lean back.

Mom's mad.

Y/n's mad.

Lorenzo is disappointed.

Fuck me.

You stay on that bench for a while; Breathing in deeply and trying to calm your mind. The air starts cooling down, as it gets windier over the ocean. You're not very effective in trying to distract yourself from your problems. Her voice keeps echoing through your mind - Telling you she's done with trying.

The heavy knot in your throat intensifies by the minute.

The feeling of your vibrating phone is driving you insane - Eventually you fish it out of your pocket.

The first notification takes your breath away again:

Pierre:

I signed a Ferrari contract bro. I'll be your team mate next season. I'm sorry, but I have to put myself first, regardless of what is happening. Y/n said she will leave the team soon. Sorry.

You desperately gasp for air, as the last of your stability gets pulled away from under you - The knife in your back twists around 360 degrees. How could they-? How could they fucking do this to you?

He's dragging her away on purpose.

And she's done with you, so why would she fight against him taking her away from the family?

You're alone in this now.

- End of Book One -