3

(long time skip)

It has been a week since we came back from America and imma tell you it was surely fun having a brother by your side.

We went to the amusement park last Monday, went to a nearby cafe last Wednesday and went to the movies last Friday.

Today we'll be spending our time at home cause we've been roaming around the city for quite some time now.

I was in my room, completely bored and had nothing to do.

I decided to design my room cause it looks super dull.

I went out and knocked on my brother's room to ask if he wants to help.

"Seyeon? can I come in?" I asked.

"yeah sure" he replied.

I walked in and his room was pretty cool ngl. I saw him on his desk and looked over to what he was doing.

"Are you writing a song?" I asked.

He looked up and said "well it was one of my composition, but I never got to finish it" I nodded and he asked me

"do you want to finish it together?" My eyes lit up.

"of course! I'd love to" I said smiling and we laughed.

(time skip)

We're about half way done on finishing his song.

He told me he would sing it on his debut if it turns out good.

"So you write songs?" He asked, out of the blue.

"ohh, yeah I do, but their just random shit and no one would probably like them" I said.

"how would you know? did you show it to anyone?" he asked.

"well.. not really, but imma tell ya your songs are way better than mine" I said sarcastically.

He laughed and said "you know you should take it more seriously, mom told me you wanted to be a k-pop idol. then why not go for it?"

I thought for a moment. He does have a point. I can't just sit here and wait for someone to hire me to sing.

"just atleast, do it for me" he said.

I smiled and said " if that's what it takes for us to sing together one day, then I'll do it". He smiled and ruffled my hair.

We were now done writing the song and I think it turned out pretty good.

"so.. do you want to sing it? I can try playing the chords on the piano" I said as I stood up.

He looked up and said "sure why not".

I went to the piano and placed the sheets on the music desk.

I looked back and asked "ready?" He nodded with a smile. 

-starlight by SF9 chani-

His voice was amazing.

It was very calm and soothing.

As we finished the song. We looked at each other

"THAT WAS AMAZING" we both said at the same time and laughed.

"man that was perfect, I'm not even kidding" he said still smiling.

I just laughed at his reaction. "I owe you one y/n-ah, I should tell them I wrote it with you, besides you're my sister after all" he said.

Then it hit me.

Shit.

(flashback)

"y/n! let's play outside" seyeon shouted from the living room.

"okay!" I ran downstairs and tagged him without a warning.

"hey!! that isn't fair" he said while chasing me.

"you have to catch me first bleh" I said while running outside.

We were having fun, until seyeon tripped over something and fell, hitting his head on the wall.

"seyeon!" I shouted, running to him worried. He was about to cry when suddenly dad came out and saw what happened.

He looked at me furiously, and took a hold of my hair "you brat, I told you to stay away from seyeon!! look what have you done?!"

I looked at seyeon, and his head started to bleed due to the impact.

I felt guilt washed over.

He let go of my hair and went to seyeon if he was okay.

They went inside, while my dad gave me a death glare.

I see them in the living room. Dad was treating his wound.

Okay that was.. fatherly of him ig

I tried to relax myself before going inside. 

bro how am I suppose to relax, I'm going to get kicked in the ass again

Once dad saw me, he told seyeon to go upstairs.

I was left with dad in the living room and I already knew what was about to happen.

he dragged me by the hair and threw me to the floor and took out his belt.

"Let me tell you this" I looked up, tears in my eyes.

"We never wanted you"

...

"We are better off without you" 

...

with that he hit me with his belt. I winced and cried. He kept on hitting me, non-stop.

Seyeon went rushing down the stairs and stood infront of me. "dad please stop, it wasn't her fault" he said while having tears in his eyes.

Dad pulled seyeon out of the way and kept on hitting me with the belt.

Seyeon was in horror. He tried stopping dad, but it was no use. "DAD STOP
PLEASE, I BEG YOU" he said once again while totally crying this time.

He stopped and looked at seyeon "fine" I hesitantly looked up.

He mumbled something to seyeon before leaving, but it was enough for me to hear. "I want you to not tell anyone about this, not even your mother" he nodded.

"and even if I stopped hitting this brat, it doesn't mean you can stay with her. I don't want ANYONE, to know that she's your sister" he said a bit louder.

"such a failure"

He looked at me, "such a failure" as I looked away, biting my lip.

Am I that useless?

I don't want to leave like this anymore

My dad left and slammed the door, making mr flinch.

Seyeon approached me as I looked up.

He hugged me tightly, putting his hand on my head.

I cried on his shoulder, still traumatized from what happened.

"shh it's okay" he said. I almost couldn't stand up due to the pain. I felt so numb.

I looked at my body and saw how many scars and wounds I have.

They we're bleeding.

I kept on crying while seyeon was holding my hand. "hey let's treat your wounds" he said to which I nodded.

On such a young age, I learned how to use the first aid kit.

I usually treat myself alone, but sometimes seyeon would sneak in and help me. That's how I realized how important seyeon is to me.