34

I was walking around the school grounds, until I saw ju-kyung sitting on a bench.

"you should have come instead of mom, rip up my report card when mom gets home, okay?" she said over the phone.

I smiled as I approached her.

"spicy pork?" she beamed.

"okay~ make sure it's spicy"

"sure, I love you appa" she said, before hanging up.

lucky her..

"y/n-ah" she perked up.

I sat beside her, "why rip up your report card?"

"my mom got lee ju-hun's autograph on it" she said, unamused.

I laughed, "well, that sucks"

"anyhow, my dad is the only person who cares about me in the family" she said.

wonder how that feels..

I smiled lightly, "wae? because he makes you spicy pork?"

she looked at me before smiling.

I snickered, "you must be close with him"

"lucky you.."

she looked at me cluelessly, "aren't you in good terms with your dad?"

I looked away, before my smile turned into a frown.

"I'm sorry for bringing that up" she said.

"it's fine, I'm used to it" I said, faking a smile.

(time skip)

"you have panic disorder"

my heart skipped a beat, after hearing what the doctor said.

"panic.. disorder?" I asked.

he nodded, "this is why you experience sudden panic attacks when you least expect it. an untreated panic disorder can affect your quality of life and can lead you to difficulties at work or school"

I fiddles with my fingers, while I knitted my brows.

"but, the good news is panic disorder is treatable. based on your history these are just some minor symptoms" he added.

that kinda enlightened me a bit, but I was still worried.

"so uhm.. what should I do?" I asked.

"antidepressants can be helpful, but I suggest you should take them wisely. some have used it in a very uncontrollable manner"

"people with panic disorder usually go under talk therapy, but since yours is not that bad, proper breathing exercises and rest should do it. avoid thinking of traumatic experiences as much as possible to lessen the possibility of a panic attack to occur"

how am I suppose to do that..

"and.. you should really look for someone who you can trust and open up to. I usually recommend my patients to find someone they can rely on and I never received any complaints about it" he said.

I nodded, "okay, I'll keep that in mind" I said with a smile.

"learn how to prioritize yourself hm?" he added while writing some reminders for me to take home.

"alright.."

I exited the doctor's room, as I sighed loudly.

could things get any worse?

(time skip)

"to prevent blood from clotting, you have to quickly place it onto the glass. make sure to put the cover slip on" the science teacher said, as we agreed.