47

"that jerk called you?" I said, removing my hand from my forehead.

"he did. although, I didn't think it was a big deal. so I agreed to meet up with him" she said, as I sighed loudly.

basically, that lee ji-hun called eomma to meet up and talk about.. business.

I don't know what's he up to, but I'm not trusting that guy.

"eomma, you could've atleast asked me before agreeing" I said, sitting on the chair across her.

"I get it you want to do something for seyeon, but dragging yourself into this isn't a good idea. that guy isn't trustworthy. he kicked seyeon out after the scandal, which made him take his own life"

"I don't want that to happen again.." I said.

"but, honey you could atleast hear-"

"hear him out? on what?" I said, frustrated.

"shouldn't you be the one to hear me out?" I said, before silence fell between us.

"y/n.. I know things are.. complicated. but this isn't all about seyeon.." she started, as I raised a brow.

"I'm doing this for the both of you"

my breathe hitched, "just atleast do it for me. isn't that what seyeon wanted? he wanted you to achieve your dream, just like he did. if he was here, wouldn't you think he'd do the same?"

my eyes dilated, as I had my head down low.

"this is not about my career and what's the point eomma, seyeon's gone" I argued.

"but, both of you shared the same dream, didn't you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "where are you going with this?"

"I'm not taking this the wrong wag but, don't you think we're overreacting? think of it y/n, haven't you ever thought of continuing his dream for him?

my eyes slightly widened.

now that I've thought about it..

I did.

the time when I talked to ju-kyung's sister about the tribute album, I felt a bit jealous. knowing that she was looking for leo, the one who helped seyeon with the songs. they were still unaware about the whole sister thing, which took away a bit of spotlight that I had left.

seyeon is long gone and I can't change that.

but is there still a way to live up his name? without hiding behind his so called shadow.

I mean if there was a way, should I just.. grab it?

she approached me and placed a hand on my back, "I meddled with something without your permission, and that was on me. but can you atleast accompany me?" she asked.

I hesitated, but I tried to mutter out an answer.

"I'll.. think about it" I mumbled, as she hugged me and rubbed my arm.