14

when I came back to the classroom, the others were circling around ju-kyung.

"jukyung-ah, are you okay?" soo-ah asked.

"j-jukyung, I'm sorry for throwing the cake at you" hyun-gyu stuttered.

"don't ever pull that kind of prank again" soo-jin said, as she glared at hyun-gyu.

"no worries, I'm really okay" ju-kyung said.

"ohh y/n-ah? where were you?" soo-ah asked, as they looked at me.

"uhm I was.. with ju-kyung, I helped her clean the frosting off" I said, as ju-kyung smiled.

"how come y/n gets to help you" soo-ah pouted, as she intertwined her arms with ju-kyung.

"it was coincidental, she was already at the bathroom" ju-kyung stated, as soo-ah nodded.

"let's go, you must be stressed about the fuss" soo-ah said, as she dragged ju-kyung to her place.

I followed them, as I went to my place.

"I was startled, when suho helped you earlier" si-hyun said, as I looked at suho.

suho helped ju-kyung?

"I agree, he isn't the type to help someone" soo-ah said.

"he probably helped because the hall monitor was there" soo-jin said.

"you have a point, but it still quite surprising" soo-ah said, as she crossed her arms.

ju-kyung stayed silent, as she looked at suho.

(time skip)

"now, english is not that hard, so just trust me and follow my lead, okay?" the teacher said.

"yes!" we replied.

while listening to the teacher, I just can't stop thinking about my dad.

"please just here me out"

I shook my head, as I run my hand through my hair.

should I give him a chance?

aish who am I kidding?

he's just an asshole

"now y/n?" the teacher called me out, as the students looked at me.

"since you've studied in America, mind if you elaborate what plurals are?" he asked, as the others kept their eyes at me.

"uhh sure.. plural comes from the Latin word pluralis. In grammar, a plural is a noun that refers to more than one" I said, as the others were in awe.

"precisely! thank you y/n" the teacher said, as I bowed a bit.

I sighed as I closed my eyes, trying to focus on the lesson.

I looked at ju-kyung, and it seems like she's also bothered about something.

I shrugged my shoulders, as I dragged my attention to the teacher.

(time skip)

"the most important thing in a science experiment is safety, be careful not to hurt yourself or others" Ms. Ye Rim said.

"yes!" we replied.

"when heating up the tube tilt it away from people, so that the liquid won't splatter onto anyone. don't place the tube right in the middle of the flame, heat it up from the side and sway it lightly"

"yes!"

"you have to submit your paper later, so make sure to make notes" Ms. Ye Rim stated.

I was teamed up with ju-kyung and some other students.