49

(A/N: I'm back! 🥹 I am very sorry for not updating for weeks. I got busy since school is coming up, but here I am! hope you enjoy the chapter!)

I unintentionally stayed up late, since my mind was filled with unanswered thoughts.

I was still trying to look around for more clues I could use.

but, I couldn't find anything useful.

I decided to write things down, to be able to keep track of the whole situation.

"this was harder than I thought" I mumbled, and reached for my school bag.

I was just trying to look for a pen when I instead took out a small folder.

"oh shit please don't tell me.."

I opened it and it was, indeed, the project mr. han gave us the other day.

the worst part is.. it was due tomorrow.

I sighed, and pinched my nose bridge in frustration.

I hurriedly went to my desk, just to find an unfinished task.

the career interest survey.

"could things get any worse??" I said above whisper.

I tried to forget about the whole appa and mr. kim situation first, since I have to finish this before I go to sleep.

if I even have time to sleep.. it was currently 2am in the morning.

(time skip)

all I could think about right now..

was sleep.

and I could literally doze off any second, but I was trying to keep myself together.

"right y/n?" soo-ah asked, but I was too tired to even listen to their conversation.

soo-jin snapped her fingers infront of me, dragging me away from my trance.

"h-huh?" I stuttered.

"are you okay y/n? you don't look too good" soo-jin asked.

"come to think about it, you were dozing off at class earlier. didn't you get enough sleep?" ju-kyung asked.

"I.. didn't" I said, scratching my head.

"my life is just a bit shitty"

"it's normal. life can be a bit unfair sometimes, but you'll be able to find your way around it" soo-ah said, as I smiled.

"thanks" I muttered, and continued eating.

suddenly, someone slammed their hand on our table.

"what do you want, ha-eun?" soo-jin asked.

"y/n, let's talk" she said, ignoring soo-jin's question.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "the last time we had a conversation, it didn't end up very well. why would I fall for it the second time?"