25

(the next day)

since I had nothing to do today, I thought of..

visiting my dad.

I know I'm not mentally prepared yet, but it's now or never.

I told my mom about it, and she said she could accompany me.

"eomma, I can handle it myself" I said, as she looked at me concerned.

"are you sure, what if you might-" I shushed her.

"I'll be fine, besides I think it would be easier if I go alone" I said, as she sighed.

"alright then, tell me when you arrived" she said, as I nodded.

I went outside, and started walking to the location, with a gps on my phone.

it was pretty close, so I didn't have to ride the bus.

when I arrived, I asked the police to call my dad.

"mr. yoon! someone's here to see you" I heard the police shout.

when he opened the bars, a man with an orange inmate shirt on, came out.

that's when I realized..

it was dad.

he's gaze softened when our eyes met.

I didn't know what to feel..

should I be happy? angry? scared?

to be honest, I didn't really care.

I told mom I would hear him out, but it doesn't mean I would forgive him.

I took a deep breath as he approached me, still surprised I came to see him.

"y/n.."

he tried to hug me, but I immediately stepped back.

his eyes turned into sadness, as he nodded in acceptance.

"I understand.." he whispered, as he sat on a nearby table as I followed him.

"I'm glad you came to see me y/n" he said, but I didn't have the guts to reply so I smiled faintly in return.

"I know it's hard for you to talk to me, but seeing you here is enough for me to be happy" he said, as he smiled.

"tell me everything" I said in a serious tone.

silence surrounded the room before he started. "right.."

"everything I did to you and our family wasn't my intention.." he stated, as I furrowed my brows.

"I was at my lowest point, I tried to fix things but it turned for the worst" he said.

"I did a lot of awful things behind your back.. and I chose to go against it" he said.

"it was very immature of me.." 

"I know it's stupid for me to ask you for forgiveness, after abusing you" he said, as I looked away.

"after realizing what I've done, I soon regretted it when seyeon died" he added, as my breath started to shake.

"he suffered a lot when you and your mom left Korea" he said.

"since I kept on drinking, he would be the one taking me home, washing me up and even cook dinner"

"it made me think how much of a fool I am" he said.

he sighed "I promised you I would tell you everything.."