38

exams ended sooner than expected.

soo-ah told us to meet up around 5pm at the baseball stadium.

once I arrived home, I told eomma I'm going out with my friends.

"a baseball game?" she said, as she served my favorite food.

"yeah, soo-ah's friend is playing, so we'll be there for support" I said.

"alright, tell me if you need anything. I'm one text away" 

"well that sounded ironic. didn't you just break your phone yesterday?" I asked her, as she laughed.

"I did, but it's all fixed now"

silence filled the room, and I suddenly had the urge to ask her about dad.

well, it wouldn't hurt right?

"eomma?" I called.

"hm?"

"how's appa?" I asked.

she looked surprised at first but, smiled "he's fine, though he really wanted to see you"

I stirred my food, "..jinjja?" as she nodded.

"he asked me if you were doing well, he even told me to talk pictures of you so I could show it to him once I get back" she added.

I looked down and stared at my food, "he's trying too hard you know, and you keep falling for his tricks"

"you know.. your dad may have done things behind our backs, but it doesn't mean he can't change" she said, which took me by surprise.

"things may get a little problematic at first. it may be hard for us to cope up with, but despite that, everyone has a soft spot"

"sometimes it just takes time for them to get used to it"

that kinda gave me an impact..

but, I'm not falling for it.

"it doesn't change the fact that he did something illegal, if he's very sorry about it, then I'll forgive him" I said with a tone.

"but, I still don't have the guts to do that" I mumbled.

she sat infront of me and held my hand, "do you think that's the case?"

I looked at her confused, "is it not?"

"well, I don't think so" she said, as I tilted my head.

"after what your father did, it caused you to hold back. you may have thought that if he is deserving of your forgiveness, then he should suffer as well. just like how he made you suffer" she said.

"revenge isn't always the answer. sometimes you have to release your grudges towards someone to be able to forgive"

I looked at her with pure realization, "I-I'm not saying you should forgive him right away, it's just-" she stopped when I started laughing.

"I get it eomma, you don't have to explain further" I said, as she scratched the back of her neck.

well, technically I still don't get it.

but, that isn't important right now.

(time skip)

I left the house a few minutes ago.

I walked my way to the bus stop while scrolling through my phone.

"y/n!"

I turned around to see suho running up to me.