05. Damned

Chapter 5

Eleanor sighed with pleasure as she sunk even deeper into the bathtub, the water floating with jasmine flowers and other soaps she found delightfully scented. After the rough afternoon from the voyage Lorenzo had taken her to a cottage he said were near the ocean, near and convenient for the next voyage to Rome, commenting that staying at an inn would capture attention and gossip around the little town.  It was then she realised he was not entirely an ordinary man, not that he looked ordinary either.

But she herself was relieved to even bother questioning what he did for living or if her presence would interfere, it was utterly shameful on her part to follow a man into his home considering he was no gentleman and she without a chaperone but on other hand Italians seemed far less prickly for the English society etiquettes and manners.

My god, what if he's married.

Her heart thundered at the thought, the possibility displeasing.

But she could not ask Lorenzo now, she had not seen him for hours now as he'd left her saying he had work to do after showing her around each rooms, when he left she wasted no time towards the bath.

God knows she needed to gather herself for the revelation that she had not arrived at Rome and meet upon an intruding man who twisted her insides, like an giddy girl at her first ballroom.

Not wanting her thoughts to drift that way again she observed her view, the Italian bath putting her one in England to shame, it didn't have the magnificent view nor the warm air hitting her skin. She could get used to the weather here, it was like a warm blanket on her skin although she had always been sensitive to the sun she had been fortunate enough to be able staying outside without being sunburned which on the other hand Lillian couldn't stand the sun for long,

Thinking about her sister made Eleanor dreadful and even more so of Karina who must think she is having a splendid time exploring Rome by now with her sister she hat yet to meet. Yes, she needed to write to them as quick as possible.

She had done it, she was finally here but not as herself,

Nora Stuart

She went with the lie trembling between her lips, she supposed living freely didn't mean Eleanor Windsor could do that even in a country across the continent where no one knew her and could recognise her she could not take such risks. the words of her runaway would take off like the sail of a ship, by now her absence must be known and knowing her father even better he would have a fit, outraged and demand for her to be found and sent back.

Oh god,

She didn't enjoy lying but it was either that or return, no she refused to return. Not after she came this far. Not when she hadn't even seen a thing beside the hot Italian sun. So far she lied to one person, Lorenzo, in fact a stranger who she shall depart in a weeks time. Then she would tell Eva the whole truth if she hadn't been already informed by Karina.

With that Eleanor felt content and decided to get up from the bath before her skin turned wrinkled like raisins. In this state her maid Betsy she adored would stand ready with her towel and a warm night gown,

Having no maid to assist her was something that Eleanor was prepared for, not wanting the same treatment she was always used upon being in a member of the royalty family, but she considered betsy not only a servant but a commpanion.

And despite Eleanor desperate need of solitude and freedom she wished Betsy was here with her and not only for her assistance but the random topics they would find themselves talk about as she helped her dress.

Suddenly a light knock on the door raised her attentions while Eleanor was squeezing the water from her now short hair, "Yes?" She inquired slowly almost hesitating when Lorenzo was the only one she knew and she dearly hoped he wasn't in need of bath, it would be improper for her to run into him.

"I brought some clothes you could use" He replied, his voice making her whole body shiver underneath the already warm bath, Eleanor almost flung out of the bath before she realised she had not a stinch of clothing and only a towel on the very corner of the bathroom,

"D--- do not enter, i am not clothed and would appreciate if you could leave the clothes nearby," she spoke after finding her voice, her nerves all rattled, did he need to have that affect on her? bloody hell! last time she recalled ever squirmed by a man was in her teenages years, "Are you sure?" he continued his voice sounding more amused than the situation bore,

oh how she wanted to curse him! a barbaric rake! never had a man ever knocked on her bathroom, but then again no man had ever set a foot inside her room, and in this case she preferred the english manners far more then italians if this was the example.

"Leave will you!" she shouted refusing to entertain this kind of conversations when her cheeks was burning and her whole body felt as if set a flame, only because of one infuriating devilishly handsome man, she heard his laughter rumble through the door and echo before his footsteps indicated he left.

She could finally breath but it was not one out of relief because she would need to stand this man for a few days more,

Gosh

he did not care for her privacy and the way he looked at her! as if he could undress her with his sight and see underneath every layer, he was a scoundrel! no, she would not show him the way he affected her, she cursed him and his chiseled chin.

She had already felt for a mans charm, one was enough for a lifetime and she would be damned to repeat her mistakes.

______________________________

           VOTE AND COMMENT