42. Discuss

Chapter 42

Eleanor tossed and turned in her sleep, the previous words from Lorenzo had her nerve wrecked.

All she done this far to keep her sons life tainted from scandal and ruination... would be for nothing.

Because once her uncle got a wind  of it, that Lorenzo, the man she had an affair with.. the same one who was the father to her son, would be living in England and wanted his rightful place as Aaron's father.

Well she remembered her Uncles threat even if it was over four years ago now.

"Remember I know the address to where this man lives... that is if you won't contact him and save us all the troubles of further attachment to scandal..."

Her thoughts was in turmoil as she had to take in the sight of Aaron being so taken over with his father, when she put him to bed he couldn't stop rambling about the little time he got to meet his father.

The next morning still at her sisters estate Aaron came running full force

"Mama, mama!. Papa says he will teach me how to ride,"

Her throat contracted.

Even Kevin who she thought would indulge her son hadn't even bothered to try and learn what Aaron yearned for.

He wasn't his father after all, and she was naive to think that a fake convenient marriage between them would also mean a stand in father.

Kevin might've tried to win her back but he never could when her son was the only priority in her life, and she knew he wasn't the man for them because the man she would love would no less love her son.

Brushing her thoughts off she focused on her son who was now oozing with energy,

Smiling down at his beaming one Eleanor spoke even through the pounding in her heart, "That is very good, my dear,"

She couldn't say anything more, seeing the way his face lit up and   to be the one killing that, she couldn't bring herself to it.

Still numb she watched him run away once his cousins came to sight.

Lillian appeared as well with concern shining in her blue eyes, "Are you alright?"

No she wasn't alright. She was far from the word.

But she wouldn't burden her sister with her problems, plastering a smile that she hoped didn't look forced as it felt, "I'm fine, now weren't you going to show me those gowns from mademoiselle Vivienne?" Hoping to change the subject she didn't miss her sisters scrutiny but luckily she didn't push further

The day passed by in a blur and she was tensed the whole time.. trying to collect how they'll move from this.

There would be a scandal, that much couldn't be avoided, she'd have to leave her position in the royal family and it wouldn't be easy but it was either that or scandal that would reach across the borders and above.

As for her she didn't care what became of her, so long as she could shield it all from Aaron. Perhaps moving to a secluded place, Ireland or Scotland who weren't prickly for reputation and didn't care for English society protocols.

At dinner she wanted nothing else but to be excused back into the guest room but since that would only make her sister worry Eleanor thought better of it.

But once Lorenzo and Evan strolled inside she wished the ground could swallow her.

He took the seat opposite her and It took all her control to not let her gaze waver.