41. Stay

Chapter 41

"Hello Aaron" Lorenzo's voice sounded impossibly deep but the way his somber expression transformed when he looked at his son squeezed her heart.

"Hullo" Aaron's hand tightened on hers. The emotions that wanted to bubble inside her, she had to hold them back as she regarded her son, he had his eyes open wide full of childish wonder.

"Are you having fun with your cousins?" Lorenzo asked and a enthusiastic nod was Aaron's answer, still clueless to everything going on.

Lorenzo cast his gaze back to hers and she realised he was clogged with emotions, the look so visible in his eyes that her own throat tightened as she grasped her sons hand, "Aaron, dear. Remember when mama said you were fortune enough to have two fathers?"

Big green eyes blinked, "Yeah momma.."

"Well... Lorenzo my dear is your father, the one that lived far away"

Aarons eyes went as wide as sausages and Eleanor's heart hammered against her chest as she waited for her sons reaction. One second the room was so quiet and tense and the next Aaron leaped up,

"Your my father?"

Eleanor could see the way emotions came over Lorenzo, his face transforming with an emotion that squeezed her chest,

It seemed like eternity before he spoke, his voice hoarse.

"I am,"

Aaron swirled back to her, his robust energy on full swing, "mama—-" then he turned towards Lorenzo, "Papa.."

Her heart squeezed so hard in her chest at the big spark of joy in his face, "Would you like to hug your father darling? I think he'd like that very much," She spoke seeing the yearning in Lorenzo's gaze as he also took in this moment.

Aaron oblivious to the tension gave out a loud woop and ran into Lorenzo who was already crouched with one knee, arms wide and open.

When she just thought she couldn't feel more and possibly couldn't be more moved, the scene in front of her struck her with guilt and relief. Guilt that she'd kept this from him for this long when it was obvious no one could replace his place, not even Kevin she'd married. Her son needed his father.

"Mama, does this mean papa lives with us? I have two papas.." Aaron's gullible question drew her back from her thoughts, an adorable frown on his face now as Lorenzo reluctantly let go off him.

Clearing her throat Eleanor's gaze flickered to Lorenzo, panic beating inside her as she'd not even thought this through

Dear god, she'd just told her son he had a father, now she'll have to tell him the unusual situation this meant.

"Indeed Aaron, your mother and I will discuss that, now why don't you see what I brought you?"

Thankfully a maid came by just in time for Aaron's nap time and with excitement that he usually didn't have for naps he followed the maid without a protest, no doubt excited from to find out what awaited him

Once the door closed tension clouded the air that it made it hard for her to breath properly. They were alone.

"I want him,"

Three words that was voiced with steel and determination. Eleanor's gaze flew back to his, a whole different panic beating inside her chest now. He couldn't possibly mean by Aaron's question earlier? It would be impossible for him to live here. Let alone stay in England.

One didn't need to draw conclusions to put pieces together and figure out who the father of her four year old son was.

And she couldn't let that happen.

"Lorenzo— you can't possibly mean-"

"I do not want to miss more than I've done, more than I've been kept from" his words were hard and biting. A flash of pain flickering through his eyes before it was gone, "I will not sit idle while another man raises my own child, if you thought I would be fine with that. Think again."

Fantastic.

The mess was only getting bigger and bigger... or was it the skeletons in her closet she'd desperately tried to hide all those years.

No, more like forced to hide.

Sighing at the thunderous look in his face she spoke, "No of course not, but you cannot possibly propose an solution when you live across the continent, think how hard it'll be on Aaron, he has his life here."

There. She'd said it. Perhaps she'd be able to discreetly travel to Italy if he wouldn't oblige, after all she wasn't going to deprive Aaron's  of his father totally. Now that he knew him would be like ripping of a bandage.

Lorenzo would agree with that solution and see that Its the best for everyone involved.

Suddenly an wide smile stretched his face reminding her of the striking handsomely man he is, if she hadn't been already. Her throat worked as he tilted his head,

"I do not think there's any need to go that far, Cara. My work is flexible, in fact your brother in law already proposed an offer with me staying here in England to work for him, isn't it fitting? makes me available everyday for my son,"

Her breath hitched and he could see the surprise in her face, she couldn't conceal it, couldn't conceal her whole body tensed at his words,

And he smirked at that, "Why the displeasure, Cara? Afraid your husband would learn of your secrets... I know I was...and let me tell you one thing signora, now that I know I have a son. I will stay."

He stoped only to now stand in front of her, she hadn't realised how and when, only felt the brush of his mouth against her ear, his body flushed on hers, as he rumbled out the words, "And I will chase you to the end of earth if you think to run away."

________________________

    VOTE AND COMMENT