29. Special Occasion

Chapter 29

Four years later

Lorenzo Di Angelo let the breeze of the fresh but cold air in England suppress him. The last time he been here was in his university years, young and bored out of his mind, hadn't it been for his quick learning of the language he would've never step his foot back here. No doubt would hell freeze over if he knew how life quickly turned those tables.

A twing of pain overcame him, his father wouldn't see this. Wouldn't see how far the empire of his work had reached and expanded, not only a success in Italy and Spain but also across the continent.

Only last month their work had caught the eye of businessmen and high titled lords in England who invited him including a few architects across the world to an corporate event which would sky-rock their finances even more if Lorenzo got the chance to promote his work.

Burying his once sadness he felt the excitement corse through him again, even the cold air couldn't ruin it.

After five years of working nonstop and burying his feelings when the past haunted him, he found work to be the only solace, only then could he feel at peace, knowing that it was bigger than him. Bigger than his emotions, his pain and everything would one day be worth it because he would be recognised, not for his debauchery years, not for his mistakes.

But for his hard work, for a greatness.

Yes, Lorenzo could say he was a changed man. And to hell with everyone that reminded him that he couldn't do it.

"Sir, would you like a carriage? It must be cold," An groomsman coming out of his carriage approached, Lorenzo was grinning madly and must've looked like an questionable person right now but he was in good nature to care.

Hoping into the carriage he gave the address to the man and watched as they passed scenery, London was crowded but not as crowded as Italy in its sunny days.

"It's a special occasion I suppose?"

Deep in his own thoughts Lorenzo was surprised to hear the groomsman as they came to halt, "Yes indeed,"

"Not everyone gets invited to this place, I wish you good luck young man."

"I will need it, Grazie," he smiled at the puzzled look on the elder man's face, "It means thank you in Italian."

Getting of the carriage he saw the mansion looking building, as an architect it was a view he surely could look upon and find nearly no faults, the windows were glass showing chandeliers hanging with sparkling lights. He couldn't appreciate the view to long since the chill of the air was getting stronger he approached the guards hovering outside the big doors,

They took one look at him and no doubt his dark hair and tanned skin would raise a brow in England he was surprised to see they only nodded at his invitation card and swung the doors open,

This was it.

Lorenzo's grandma always said he could charm the socks of a nun and his ability to convince her for another piece of candy could over-win a court of jury's. Well his age had only fuelled his determination and stubbornness became his middle name, after all he was a Di Angelo.

The ballroom looking place was nearly filled with people, all from eager looking industry men to gentlemen with ladies on their side, flashing smiles. An emotion Lorenzo had tried his very hard to bury where it would never touch him again came forward, envy and longing burning through him.

Goddamn it!

Hadn't he learned from his past?.

Giving himself a hard mental shake of his head he mingled through his way, thankfully no one knew his ugly past here and only wore curious glances before participating in conversations. Fast forward he was introduced to plenty of men and joined them for a cigar at the huge terrace outdoors,

"Allow me to introduce you to the earl of Essex, Lord Hartwick,m. Lord Hartwick, I introduce you to a very highly talented architect from Italy, Lorenzo Di Angelo" Kenneth a man he only been introduced to moments ago came forward with a beaming smile as the earl entered the terrace

"Mr. Di Angelo, pleasure to make your acquaintances. I've seen your work and forwardness has always been a trait of mine, If your schedule allows I hope you can take a look at my estate in Essex,"

The man seemed to command attention, with his tall length and sharp features one would think more striking then handsome. Lorenzo knew then and there that this was a chance he could not miss, "Where I come from, forwardness is a trait we appreciate highly. It would be my privilege to see your estate,"

Laughter and more business talk rang out and before he called his goodbyes he had a handful of invitations and no doubt he would need to expand a week more to stay here in England,

He was only glad it was for a successful reason.

___________________________

     VOTE AND COMMENT

A/N : sorry for my delays of updates and I hope you guys are doing good and haven't gave up on me HAHA. I hope you enjoyed this chapter