32. Could it be true?

Chapter 32.

Lillian Hartwick knew her guts was not telling her wrong, the architect her husband had hired was an handsome male, even when she had eyes only for her husband she could not lie the man was attractive enough to demand attention wherever he went.

That was the reason she knew she would remember a man like him if she ever saw him before, it was by the long glances he sent her when he probably thought she hadn't seen it.

But she had seen those large dark emerald eyes, she had seen that smile somewhere!

She wondered only where.

For days he avoided everywhere she was, when he joined them for dinner and breakfast he was curt and brief but when Evan and he was alone she could hear him chatting away, even laughing. When their kids was near he would ruffle their hair as they ran through the corridors with drenched shoes and when she went to scold them lightly he froze by her presence.

That was the only answer Lillian for certain needed to know the man did not like her, that or she offended him, but when she did ask if she offended him he only cut out harshly that she didn't.

Lillian had her moments with both arrogant men that weirded her out before, but this was different. This felt as if she did something and not the other way around.

And she was frustrated to the core,

It was only one morning when a letter came through and her sister Eleanor had written of her son and she visiting for the weekend did something click in her mind

Bloody hell!

That was why she couldn't pint point why she recalled the man and why he reminded her of something... rather someone

Her nephew!

Eleanor's son Aaron. He had the same big dark eyes and the same smile! Dear heavens! They could be identical

Lillian was sure she was on something totally insane, after all how could it be? But her guts never told her wrong. And when Eleanor one night after her marriage to Kevin, a man her sister could see brought no joy out of her and instead tears Lillian had demanded to know what was wrong. Only then did Eleanor tell her the truth sobbing.

She recalled the day like it was yesterday

"Do not tell me I'm over exaggerating, everyone could see by miles that your unhappy and what is it about marrying this bloody quick?" Lillian all but shouted once she and her sister had a moment to talk after the stressful day.

Eleanor shook her head before wiping the tears that fell one after one, "I—- I had to do it, I just had to! There was no other way Lily,"

"What do you mean no other way? You just married like that because of what? The sister I know would never marry a man she wasn't in love with, damn it all was it not the reason we switched places in the first place?"

"Yes, yes... but things have changed..."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant... and the child isn't Kevin's,"

"Wha—what?!"

"Remember when I wrote to you in Italy? When I told you that I was with Karina's sister Eva? Well that was a lie... I — I meet upon this man... and— I feel in love—- and god like I haven't learned my bloody mistakes I am now paying for it"

Her sister cried more and more until they both slumped down on the cold ground.

She hiccuped looking up at her, "I won't let my child pay for my mistakes... I swear by it"

Lillian knew then and there that her sister were never happy with that marriage to begin with, and that who ever weaselled themselves in her heart in Italy was the man she was in love with.

Dear heavens, could it be true?

This man who was avoiding her like a parasite was the man her sister was involved with? But then again it all made sense... Lorenzo is from Italy, he must think she is his sister...

Dear Lord, that explains everything... and —- and he must think! Oh my! He must think Evan and she—-

No no! She would have to set the record straight, Lillian didn't know how... But she would. This complication has gone out of control.

Preparing herself for bed she made sure Ella and the twin boys was tucked safely in their bed before making her way back to hers as her husband came through, she laughed at the hunger shinning in his eyes as he stalked towards her,

"Wait darling,"

"You my dear love to torment me don't you," He groaned as she saw the way he took in her barely clad body and where she would enjoy his attention and lounge for him had it been another day she could not pull it off longer,

"I have to tell you something,"

So she did, telling him everything, he already knew of Kevin not being the father so there was no big surprise there but his eyes did widen at her own suspicion that Lorenzo could be the father, "I actually thought I was mad for a second when I got introduced to him, he remind me of Aaron now that you say it... but I never pondered on it"

Lillian drew in a relieved breath, "Yes, believe me I would neither had it not been for his barely civilised behaviour towards me... god he must think you and I—- and the kids—"

"I'll set it straight the first thing tomorro—-" grabbing his arm she shook her head, "No—- no don't... I believe this matter is much more complicated than that, and my dear I have the perfect solution," A wicked smile came across her face that had
him raising a brow amusingly,

"My dear, your version of perfect can be arguable,"

Laughing Lillian drew him down for a kiss that had her breathless and lust shining in his eyes, "That means you'll help me?"

"Nothing is free my dear.. what do I get for your scheming?" His voice dropped low a surge of red hot desire came over her.

Drawing him down so they tumbled on the bed Lillian grinned widely, "Oh you won't have any complaints my lord... none at all.."

___________________________

      VOTE AND COMMENT

A/N : what do you think of Lillian's appearance in this book? Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See you in next ;).