08. It's beautiful

chapter 8

"You said the beach... not the sea" Eleanor mumbled distractingly hoping her voice sounded rebuffed, but the blasted man only smirked, "Don't tell me your disappointed, your eyes tell me otherwise"

"My eyes?"

"Yes... Cara, like an open book, there's no point to lie when it tells me you want to sink your toes in the sand and catch the waves.."

Her throat closed up, looking up at him she saw his gaze already on her, the intensity and the way her whole body shivered made it impossible to look away.

Like an open book

His words replayed in her mind and she found her lips twitching in a smile she couldn't contain back, "That is not true"

"Truly?" He breathed, his mind in turmoil, completely forgetting what they were talking about, his attention captured by the beauty of her, he wanted to ruffle her perfect prim and proper stance, her hands clasped and her chin jutted up as if she found the situation forbidden, but then he caught the glimmer of something that could only be assumed excitement and... happiness...

He leashed at that look as the breeze blew a few dark curls across her face, he wanted to touch them, tuck them behind her ears, draw her closer to him and—-

"You are right" she suddenly spoke,

He didn't comprehend her words, her was far too busy gawking at her, his throat felt tight as he blinked himself out of the trance,

"What?"

"Venice... It's beautiful"

He flashed her a grin, "Well that is an improvement, but what I had in plan is more than gazing at the sight,"

Eleanor bewildered at his meaning before she gasped, utterly mad, he was completely out of his sane mind. Against her own shock she should've closed her eyes or turn when he shredded his clothes, his muscular firm arms peeling of his shirt, "Y—What in blazes are you doing?"

"Take a dip in the water of course, surely you cant say you aren't tempted?" Again he flashed her another heart thudding grin and to her cheeks flaming hot he winked sinfully, "Take my hand,"

When it seemed like her nerves calmed down and verbal speaking didn't shake her up she took a solid step back, watching his hand like a devil luring one to sin, "That's not necessary," and certainly not appropriate she wanted to put in but thought the best of it since the man was already far from appropriate.

Even though Eleanor's whole life had been about social niceties she wasn't the most rule following of them all and strictly for manners but god heavens, at least one should be sane and in this moment she was far compelling to be the one.

The wretched man threw his head back with laughter, booming inside her that it almost seemed impossible for her to not crack a grin, "Dio... are all of you English people like this? Surely you enjoy a bit fun here and there? One could think I invited you to a pub,"

She felt a sour bitter taste in her mouth, his words touching her and leaving a dull sensation in her chest,

considering she herself wanted to escape all England had to offer, it was rather hypocritical of her now to detain herself

didn't she want a piece of freedom? Didn't she come here to this country sorely for the purpose of having no one at her beck and call? Why then did she restrain herself from everything she truly desired?

A long silence passed over them, both in deep thoughts

"I-I've never been in the ocean before..." the words left her mouth before she could retreat it.. sneaking a glance at him she saw the surprise in his face, "How come?"

How come? She pondered on that question herself now, almost her whole life never even questioning stuff she was not allowed to do, ever since her mother left at the age of eight she and Lillian remembered all the nannies and the ton of rules they had to follow because their father was hardly ever home and when he were he isolated himself in his study.

Not wanting to think of her miserable childhood she cast her gaze skywards, "Nevertheless it don't matter.."

He seemed to want to push the matter further but thankfully he did not, only restrained himself, after a moment of solitude silence he picked a stone from the ground,

Eleanor looked anywhere besides his body, his frame heating her face more than the sun did and to her lack of control she couldn't ignore him the way she wanted, her own eyes betraying her.

She watched as he flung the little stone towards the surface of the ocean water, watching it bounce on the waves, he turned and saw her staring back at him, with a boyish grin he smiled, "Are you sure your contained standing where you are? I dare say the view is bewitching from here..."

The way ... the way he spoke was tempting itself and she swore the space between them seemed to cease, sudden tension sizzling, yes... yes show me... was what she wanted to say, scream but she knew she couldn't.

"No, thanks"

With a shrug that said suit-yourself he turned back to the ocean, her heart picked a beat as his long frame, tanned and strong muscular back went diving in for the water, swimming further from the shore, thank god this was a secluded place as he indeed pointed out when she hesitated... now she could stare at him, soak in the view of his strong arms pushing through the waves without no one seeing her, seeing her desire.

With her notebook she purchased from a small boutique she started writing, sentimental one could call but then again she felt that way today, wanting to capture every moment and everyday that felt like bliss and fear altogether.. occasionally her eyes drifted back to Lorenzo, her insides warming.

Seagulls flew by and the air was crisp, at moments Eleanor even found herself breathing in the air and writing down the feeling... would she been able to feel this way if Lorenzo didn't insist? And how could she ever forgive herself if she didn't let him convince her?

It was odd how she felt more than content... happy even,

Wearing a smile that reached her eyes she looked up from her page, seeing Lorenzo already coming out of the water and heading towards her, his hair now slicked back, drops of water all over his body and her mouth went dry...

Oh god...

____________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT!