39. Tell you.

Chapter 39

When Lillian and Evan returned it was two days later, and in those two days Eleanor feared for the worst.

Lorenzo was also no longer in sight.

Eleanor was horrified to think her presence had chased him off not that it would be less of what she deserved but considering his previous words of wanting to be apart in Aaron's life she was surprised he left that quick.

Asking Bertram their butler when he departed he said Lorenzo had been provided with a nearby place to stay if he wished.

Eleanor was relieved he had not completely left and wondered why, after all would that not make the situation much easier if he left for Italy as scheduled?.

Her thoughts through out the days was all in disarray and once Lillian and the family arrived she was overcome with relief, her sister rushing into her embrace as if they had not seen each other for years instead of months, "Oh Lily!"

Her twin boys rushed in her embrace and Eleanor laughed, "I've missed you impish boys," giving her kisses they drew apart, "Where's the little darling?"

"I've had the maid take her up, she was sleeping so soundly. Forgive me for our hasty departure,"

"Do not think of it, how is John doing?"

"He's recovering, that young man stubborn as always said it was only a scratch. When we arrived to his dorms and the doctor examined he had broken a few ribs,"

Eleanor inhaled, "Dear heavens,"

"Evan is with him right now, keeping an eye on him and making sure he takes his rest"

Eleanor knew the boy did not have any other guardian, now no longer a boy but an eighteen year old student. Both him and Evan lost their parents young. Leaving Evan to take over the role as parent instead of older brother.

"That's reassuring, I only hope it'll be a quick recovery"

"That I do as well, now where is that little nephew of mine?" Lillian smiled looking around, "He should wake any moment from his nap," Eleanor replied.

"Good, that'll mean I can draw you aside we have to speak,"

With a curious glance Eleanor let Lillian draw her aside to the more private rooms as the twin boys listened to their mother and followed Mrs Greta for refreshments.

Eleanor was ready to explain everything to her sister so it made her startled when her sister beat to it, "I had to do it. You'll be angry at me I know but you need to understand the poor man had misunderstood the whole situation,"

"I'm not following,"

"You and Lorenzo haven't met?" Lillian seemed horrified at the thought, and that made Eleanor frown, "We did, but how do—-"

"And?!" Lillian was squealing to a point that made Eleanor realise something, "Why do I suspect you have something to do with all this"

"Would it be terrible if I did?"

"Dear heavens! Lily! Do not tell me I am the one misunderstanding all this," 

"Not entirely, I'll have you know that both me and Evan knew nothing from the beginning, Evan hired the man because they meet in London. Truth be told we probably never know if it weren't for your letter."

"My letter?"

"Yes it reminded me, you see when Lorenzo first arrived he looked at me as if he seen a ghost, one he wanted to avoid. I went days thinking I've done something to the man, and he seemed so familiar but I couldn't pint point where and who. and when your letter arrived it made me think of Aaron. My god they share the same face Eleanor,"

Eleanor shut her eyes, how many times hadn't she also thought of that. It would be like seeing a mirror image of oneself, the same dark features, same dark green orbs and olive skin tone and same smile,

One had to be blind not to draw that easy conclusion.

"Then I— well I believed it was fate. And you also believe in fate. "

Yes, Eleanor did believe in fate. But this had consequences that even a force from the angels and bigger power couldn't control, her sons future could be in jeopardy.

"Yes but—-"

"And then I let him believe I was you, I really did. Since I did not want him to flee before you arrived thinking then you two would've solve every issue but he confronted me... and we had a talk..." this time Lillian looked guilty,

"A talk?"

"Yes, he kind of figured out it all on his own, and I couldn't let it go so easily so I had him promise to stay around when you arrived. I would've have draw you aside of course if it would be to unbearable for you, since I have little knowledge of your history with him"

She had little knowledge indeed.

Eleanor realised something, "That explains why he did not seemed so surprised to see me,"

Now she understood why he was all so calm and under control when he saw her at the fountain.

"Yeah... i suppose you had a shock,"

A shock would've been an understatement. She'd believed for a second her wish had came true.

"Now what happened?, I had him promise he wouldn't scare you off once me and Evan had to leave to London,"

"I'll tell you. But you'll have to promise me to not meddle more,"

Lillian threw her a sheepish smile, "My meddling helped did it not?"

"I wouldn't entirely say that sister"

__________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT