40. Aaron.

Chapter 40

Lorenzo returned back to the estate after a few days of very much needed time having those news breaking.

An addition to his life.

He'd went on too buy things for Aaron in the town, toys and things that children liked.

He'd written his grandma in northern Italy a letter informing to the news right away. If

anything he knew how fast gossip could spread and since he wanted to be apart of his sons life that would mean his son also being apart of his life. His grandma would be more than delighted,

He could imagine her relief since she always said she would never feel at ease if he didn't start a family soon.

He chuckled at the thought, she would demand to see her grandchild. A lump again formed in his throat, he would see his son for the first time.

The butler greeted him as if he was a family member rather than a guest, "The earl just came back yesterday, but he is out on early errands if you hoped to catch him"

"Thanks Bertram, I'll see myself in"

He was not ready to prepare himself for the sight when he heard giggles and shrieks from the breakfast dinning room.

The tableau in front of him knocking him faster than air.

In the corner where he was not yet seen Lorenzo watched, letting himself take in his fill.

It was a quick sight, as the little boy giggled with laughter at something his cousins did and the once dark hair falling over his face tumbled back every system in Lorenzo's body froze.

His son.

That little boy only a few meters away from him... was his son.

Aaron.

Lorenzo would not particularly call himself emotional, there was few things to feel emotional about in his life. But now emotions erupted inside him at full force. Water pooled in his eyes.

Nora said something to him and the boy giggled more, Lorenzo only allowed himself to look at her then, seeing her so maternal it had his heart squeeze. Her smile so bright it could lighten any darkness.

Just as he was about to turn away and gather his composure, eyes locked with his and his breath hitched. her sapphire blue eyes widening a bit as she looked around noticing no one have seen their exchange.

So much for feeling thankful of not being seen.

She excused herself and he couldn't hear much more before she walked his way, he turned around towards the halls as she came forward.

"I—- I didn't think you'd return"

"You thought wrong"

She nodded looking at him in a way that reminded him of peaceful days in his life, of sun and warmth. He brought himself out of that trance keeping his gaze behind her.

Though he couldn't stop the question leaving his mouth,

"Where's your husband?"

He had only seen Lillian briefly but no other new face at the table.

She flickered her gaze, "He didn't accompany us... there's some troubles in our marriage."

He hoped he didn't look interested and he told himself he was not. The reason why he was here this second was for his son—- the son he would very much do his best to be a father for, even if that meant her having a husband.

But he was relieved to hear that, the last thing he needed to see was his son already having a father figure in his life.

"Would you like to join us for breakfast? Or if it suits you better I'll have me and Aaron meet you in the drawing room later on... we'll tell him then" she trailed off once she saw the look on his face, it was as if he knew his hesitation.

"That will be good,"

She allowed him privacy and turned around, he drank her in. Her lush figure in a day gown that curved her in all the right places. His loins tightening as he done his best to not breath in her scent, her fragrance. But he was unable as it filled the air.

It was unfortunate how much he wanted her still, as if years and problems seemed to be no concern. His loins didn't seem to care one whit that she practically have left him with no words, never told him who she was birthed his son. She still affected him like no other.

He was cursed.

Holding back his desire and lust he stalked to his room that was now only a corridor away from hers and their son.

Changing his attire and thanking the maid who brought in a trail of food he ate.

After thirty minutes Lorenzo picked up the presents he had bought
and departed towards the drawing room.

He was surprised to see them already inside, His son looking at his mother as he spoke, "Mama, Why can't my cousins come?"

"Because Lor—- Mr Di Angelo wishes to see us alone,"

As his son slumped back with disappointment Lorenzo held back his smile, he decided to show his presence

Eleanor was the first to look

Her gaze flew up and she bestowed him with a smile, he cast his gaze over to Aaron who gave him a curious look, His hand bobbing on his mothers hand, as his voice was the first to break the trance,

"Mama..."

Lorenzo felt his throat close up as he entered the room fully, a pair of eyes that was the exact same of his own bouncing between him and his mother

His son. If it ever had been an hesitation. He had the proof in front of him.

There was no doubt Aaron couldn't feel the tension which would have the opposite effect of putting him at ease. And that was not what Lorenzo wanted,

When words seemed possible to say he focused entirely on his son,

"Hello Aaron"

________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT

A/N : Guys I'm alive... just really sick at updating and following my commitments, is there some cure for that?. Anyways hope you have a wonderful day and enjoyed this chapter!.