44. London

Chapter 44

"You will write won't you?" Lillian squeezed her so hard Eleanor was sure she'd suffocate, "I will, my dear."

Leaning away she smiled, "Good."

"Will i be able to bid my sister-in-law goodbye before the sun set?" Evan tsked though the amusement in his face betrayed his tone.

Biding lastly the children goodbye they all promised to visit soon,

"Take care."

She halted just as her left foot was about to enter the carriage.. casting one last look at the estate

Lorenzo

She hadn't seen him since the dinner two days ago. And given his words of working at London and being with Aaron she was surprised he wasn't here to at least bid them farewell, or say anything.

Disappointment that shouldn't have been there swelled inside her.

But she told herself it was for Aaron's sake, he would mostly be sad since he'd wanted to ride again on the ponies Lorenzo taught.

Getting inside and waving towards her sister, the carriage took off and she settled back. Brushing some locks from Aaron's face as he seemed utterly focused on his toy.

About an hour into the ride Aaron placed away the toy, "Mama, will papa be with us? I want to ride Hercules again.."

There it came.

He was attached already, prey how could she ever tell him if his father suddenly disappeared and did not want to be apart of his life? When things got to hard.. when the scandals surfaced

Would Lorenzo still stand beside them? Now that he was a successful man with a good reputation

He had a great deal to loose.

"Papa has a lot of work, my dear. He will visit us soon,"

She hoped she didn't have to lie.. because she was just as unsure as Aaron was.

She'd avoided him and now she wished she hadn't... even though her tongue seemed to get tangled whenever he was around. She should've considered Aaron's needs. Not her own personal complication with the man.

But neither had he seemed to make an effort.

She was going crazy thinking about him, when Aaron slept on her knee she grabbed her embroidery and thought of dull things, such as the work that awaited her.

Thankfully the weather was much fitted for travelling so in less than two days with sleeping at an Inn in between cities they finally arrived at London.

Restless and tensed from sitting for so long she saw Aaron still deep in slumber and just as she reached out o awake him, he sniffed, "Papa.. papa.."

Her breath hitched.

He was dreaming, so peacefully and murmuring words that nearly broke her heart in two.

The carriage door suddenly opened and she was so focused on Aaron that she hadn't realised that the wind blew against her back..

"Need a hand, Cara?"

She was sure her neck would get strained from the speed her head  turned, she froze, there stood the man that consumed both her son and her thoughts.

And this time he was no dream.

He was all flesh and real.

"Your here." the words left her mouth breathlessly.

His eyes bore into hers with an intensity that shrivelled her.

The fact that the carriage was in front of her home, the same house she shared with Kevin only now got to mind and she panicked,

"Your not supposed to be here.."

"Aren't I?" His voice was as usual lazy and slow. That Italian twing to that put every English speaking man to shame.

But she didn't have time to admire the man.

"You didn't bid us farewell back at Essex,"

"I told you that I want Aaron, since you live in London and Evan granted me to work here. I find a solution. I bought a house for us."

Had she something in her throat she would've choked,

"You— what?"

"We're a family."

"A family?"

He nodded as if the prospect wasn't absurd, "Lorenzo, I'm married, I told you I will not keep Aaron from you but we cannot live—"

before she could continue she swallowed once she saw the figure behind Lorenzo

"Back so soon, my love?"

Her body froze and this time it was as if a bucket of cold water had been splashed on her.

Aaron seemed to wake up at that particular time as if the tension in the air ceased him from sleep, he yawned and blinked a few times then sprung from her embrace, "Papa!" He bounced into Lorenzo who already had his arms wide and open completely seeming to ignore the man behind who watched thunderously.

Oh god

This was not good.

And it sure didn't get any better when Lorenzo and Kevin faced each other now looking both like feral lions, although Lorenzo covered Kevins frame very easily she didn't want to see how this could turn out.

And she definitely didn't want her uncle to get a wind of this.

What should she possibly do?

________________________

       VOTE AND COMMENT