28. Choices

Chapter 28

"How we all underestimated you... After all I was correct, your poor father thinking you must've come to your senses one day, only you would have went and gone pregnant in an foreign country. Leave it off to birth a bastard," A snickering that would have Eleanor turned dead ear,

hadn't he actually hit a mark.

her child, in the eyes of society would be stamped as a bastard, he would be shunned and bullied for her own mistakes, how did she never think of that? She was busy thinking about the positives, giddy with bliss. And now it all shattered.

"What? Even you are not a gullible fool, thought that I wouldn't read that letter?" Her uncle snorted sitting now in his chair that looked like a throne, a throne where the devil owned, "how long did you think you could've hid it for? Your stomach would tell the truth only a matter of time, but then again..."

He clicked only then chuckled and the sound was ugly to her hears, "That was what you wanted? You would've leave thinking it would be that easy? Hah!"

Gritting her teeth Eleanor held her high despite she felt like tumbling on the floor, "Why wouldn't it be? rule 17 says any birthing outside wedlock in the royal family is thrown out, If you think I would get rid of my child you are very much mistaken,"

With a raise of a brow he smiled, "Oh but now that you hold a very significant role in this royal family you cannot leave, Rule 8 says no royal member who holds a duty can be thrown out, in fact the person is obliged to stay,"

Blast it!

He only chuckled more at her undefeated look, "And this Lorenzo... let's say he was a lover? It sure will be a spectacular story in the gossip sheets—-"

"You will leave him out of it, I won't let you meddle in my privacy," this time she didn't let him continue, she was bristling with anger, "It wont come out no where and if It does I will hold you accountable, you do know I haven't forgotten your own secrets I am sure you would liked it to contain that way,"

"My! My! I always knew you had a spark of threat in you... but I can't say I will be the only one finding out, after all one only has to do the math when your child is born..."

Bloody hell! It indeed would be a talk, it would be a speculation of who and where she'd been, and Lorenzo who no doubt wouldn't want to do anything with her now.

"Remember I know the address to where this man lives... that is if you won't contact him and save us all the troubles of further attachment to scandal..."

She couldn't put Lorenzo in danger, She'd seen what happened to royals who feel in love with commoners, no. She would make sure that never happened to Lorenzo,

Her eyes blazed with fury, "You will not find him because I will not contact him."

Turning on her heels she didn't wait to finish what he said, she had to get out of there. Her world crumbling down her feet, what ought she do?

Returning to her room she slumped on her bed not bothering with the once bath she was looking forward to. She hoped her baby couldn't feel the turmoil that was going through her mind,

All her once plans were crushed down, she had to see the bigger picture even if the thought was unbearable she would have to do it for her baby, this time her choices was not hers alone, it was now her baby's as well,

Cradling her stomach she mused to the growing baby, I won't have you being stamped a bastard, even if you weren't planned you won't suffer for my choices.

And there was only one thing she would,

She would have to marry.

__________________________

        VOTE AND COMMENT

A/N : Sorry for this short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it nevertheless.

Eleanor's Desire On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara