07. One day

Chapter 7

Eleanor had taken her time waking up early and sitting outside the balcony, the cool and warm breeze stroking her skin as she soaked in the beauty of the horizon meeting the ocean and the sun peeking above, it was magnificent and the view made her sigh in content while she wrote down several letters about everything that had transpired this few days in Venice, everything besides involving Lorenzo, knowing both Lillian and Karina would be startled had they known she was taking help of a irresistable rake, instead she wrote down that a kind english speaking widow had let her stay with her.

Lifting her head she saw a pair of couples grinning ear to ear strolling around the beach, a twinge of envy ran over her, the bittterness in her mouth not leaving, longing for something.. something where the only matter in the world would be the beauty of the nature and exploring around.. carefree and happy... in love...a body beside her and a face lighting her days, making her forget her misery..

Could she ever have that?

Could it ever be possible when she knew the day she would need to return would be close, wasn't it more miserable of her to come here knowing she would never have that?

A desire so strong washed over her

"I thought I would find you here..." a voice broke in her thoughts and she almost fell from her chair her hands flew to her chest in a shock, "Why you beast! You frightened me!" She spluttered when her body relaxed again, her eyes cast upwards seeing his face tilted wearing a grin, his body leaning casually against a pillar, his tall lean built body displaying masculinity and roguishness this morning, "I never took you for an early rising kind of woman ..." He spoke as she shot back, "What are you implying?"

"So what are you writing?" He switched smoothly, now coming forward from the dark corner

Narrowing her eyes she didn't push the matter further and instead looked back at her letters, "A few letters to my family..."

He seemed surprised at that, "They know your here? They let you travel here all alone?"

biting her lip she decided to ignore answering, seeing know a disbelief and dark look on his face as he waited for her reply,

"What brought you here?"

considering the way she hurriedly shoved him off yesterday afternoon when she devoured the delicious meal he brought she thought he would do his best to avoid her before the week ended.

He held her eyes for a moment and once he saw the stubborn streak he knew he wouldn't give him any answers, avoiding his previous question, sighing in defeat he spoke,  "I wanted to see how you were doing, considering how we left off yesterday.." he trailed off reminding her once again of yesterday, her face had dropped after he left abruptly only saying he would rest assured give her all privacy she wanted and only leave the food outside the door,

she should've felt relieved and thankful he left her alone but she only felt hollow seeing him shut the door before he left,

hoping her thoughts didn't show on her face she replied briefly, "Yes well you were correct and I—"

"No I was not, I was heedless and inconsiderate to your privacy but if you are not so cross with me this morning I would like to make amends for my behaviour"

Her mouth opened and closed making his smile deepen, "If i knew this was what would get you shy and flustered i would have done a lot more, mia bella.."

Eleanor felt more than flustered at his words and cleared her throat in annoyance watching his lips curve into a sly grin, "You are even more beautiful when angry, cara" her eyes like a flame burning him, he barked a laugh at her scowl, "And you are an exasperating man, has anyone told you that?" she shot back, closing the letters she was yet not finished writing she leaped from her chair infuriated with the lazy smile on his face, oh the man was impossible! the way he looked at her— reckless— intense and completely unabashed, whirling around she headed towards the door,

"No don't, please" he reached her before she could get away, his hand loosely catching her elbow but the little contact like a feeling of electric shock, "I seem to get the wrong end of the stick around you, dio, I must admit you are the first woman to have me apologise two times in a row,"

to her shock a rumble of laughter giggled out of her at his exaggerating tone and he seemed to take that as a sign loosening his hand for her to look at him as he continued gently a tone of amusement, "No doubt you find it funny, tesoro, but i am a man of my words and I will earn your forgiveness"

"There is nothing to earn, Mr.... Lorenzo" she trailed off at last before continuing, "Its not fully your fault, I am not used to.. foreign niceties.. and your– your straightforwardness is not something I'm used to either"

"No doubt" he muttered under his breath before looking back at her, "But that doesn't excuse my behaviors,"

a silence emerged between them and the sun starting to shine more forcefully stealing her attention to the beach, "What do you say about spending a day with me?," his voice brushed behind her and she swore it brushed over her nape

"What?" her neck snapped back to his gaze, him already looking at her, "Don't deny it, i can see your yearning for the beach"

could he?

was it that obvious?

it was a the tip of her tongue to decline but then she wondered why? Wasn't she here to let loose and experiment? explore? see what the places had to offer and even though she was not in Rome as planned she could not waste this opportunity... there was a strong desire inside her, of wanting to sink her toes in the sand, swim in the ocean far away from the shore... taste another delicious meal...

But then she remembered the man who would come with it and as if he could read her thoughts he spoke, "You'll have privacy.. There will be no one around this time, Nora, i know of few secluded places"

She knew she would scold herself later on, wonder why in hell she had accepted, but nothing seemed to matter in this second, there was a strong pull she felt as his body brushed against hers while they both faced the view, "Alright.. i suppose one day wouldn't hurt"

"And you won't have no regret for it, cara mia,"

____________________________

           VOTE AND COMMENT