06. Delicious

chapter 6

Lorenzo sat across the small breakfast table, a smile lingering on his lips as he watched Nora take a bite of the food in front of her, "My god.." she sighed in delight her sweet voice ringing in his ear and the sound twisted his insides, a rush of desire hitting him, his loins tightened as he watched the way her lips moved when she took another bite, he had never found a woman eating fascinating and desiring but then she her eyes closed as she savored the taste and it nearly undoed him, he shifted in his seat clearing his throat, "I take it you like as an answer" he murmured teasingly as he took a bite as well of the freshly made tortellini the local cook Fausta made,

after hours of architect he and the builders had sat at the near market discussing but he was half hearing.. his thoughts were filled of Nora, he wondered what she was doing after he brought her to his home near the shore, a place where he stayed discreetly when he was in need to get away, he cursed himself for bringing her there but it was either there or the blasted hotel she had asked for, it was already enough with the town expecting him to break and fall back to his temptations and leave off to his once easy and carefree life, he didn't need gossip and the news sheet running his name yet again,

Ever since his fathers death Lorenzo felt guilt for the first time in his life, and it clawed inside of him before he decided to take the matter in hand and return to where his father left off his work, but that was months ago and even though he managed to astonish the builders with his sharp wit and intelligence despite the years he threw away by traveling and carousing carelessly he had never spoke of his educational knowledge and abilities and never thought he would be in need of them but he was thankful for it since his creative side was needed, he had not expected to enjoy his work, thought it would bore him but to his shock he found himself excited to dialogue and design and watch it come to life..

If three years ago someone told him he would enjoy taking over his fathers work, a work he had been annoyed throughout his childhood being neglected by his workaholic father who he had grown to distance himself from and swore on living a life where work could never control him. He would be nothing like him.

Ha! 

Look at him now, he spent his nights buried in his work, when men were at the pubs and by god he would have been there had he not found himself hours passed by calculating and investing. His nose buried in his work, but despite his hatred for it when he was young he found himself content now, becoming richer and envied across the country and internationally widening his fathers firm.

His father would no doubt have a shock had he been alive, all the years of nagging and scowling done it's work when he no longer was here.

Life truly was astonishing and had a way of surprising him,

and Nora was another part of that, he had expected her to rebuff him if he told her this was his home considering she looked at him like one would look at the underside of one boots so instead he said it was a very tourist friendly place and that he would deal with the landlord.

He thought she wouldn't buy his lie but she only placed down her baggages tired and weary as she asked for privacy after he showed her around the house. Something he did not succeed to follow when he knocked on her bath knowing she hadn't suitable clothing for the italian weather. He'd spoke to the shop lady and purchased a few light dresses then wondered why he done such a thing, heck even he hadn't tought of buying clothes for his mistresses in the past, only a pair of jewleries that had no significant meaning behind.

But this he told himself was because he was helping her out, she was a lost woman.. alone.. and he took pity to the lost knowing he had felt that way almost the majority of his life, alone and lost, a feeling that came back once and then.

But then he cursed himself for ever taking her because when she strolled inside the dinning room after her bath he'd had the shock of his life, his throat dried at the sight of her and he felt something close to a punch in his chest, although she was covered from head to toe, a more light bonnet and very less elegant made covered her hair, he saw a few dark curls of her hair falling loosely over her forehead and the way the dress he purchased showed her body or a better word, her form and feminine curves to his sight nearly made him drool in place, she was tall but not lanky, no she was filled in all the right places making his eyes darken in lust raking her from head to toe, lingering in certain places

she broke his trance harshly covering herself as she turned around in a speed, "W— what are you doing here! you said you would be staying in those cottages nearby!"

Scratching his neck and cursing himself for his desire and lust consuming his logical senses, he watched her stiffen and stand still as her voice shook, "Just leave! now!"

"Calma.." he spoke and didn't correct himself for his italian instead he continued, "Forgive me.. But i couldn't leave without bringing you food knowing you don't know any places and—-" he trailed off speaking low, "I thought you would like to try pasta"

Still trying to desperately cover herself she looked over her shoulder her once stiffen and tence stance rigid, "Pasta? you brought me pasta?"

"Si"

and that was all it took for her to walk out of the dinning room before she returned, now wearing a more concealed dark garment that covered her and hung loosely, to his disappointment.

"It was delicious... who made this?" her voice broke his deep thoughts making him realise she had now emptied her plate, a sweet smile on her lips that knotted him inside his chest, dio, she was so beautiful.. like a ray of sunshine.. her deep blue eyes dazzling him, his throat closed and thankfully a clunk of his brandy did the trick before he replied, "Fausta... an old woman nearby who is very known for her delicious pastries as well," that brought a twinkle in her eyes, he smiled, "I suppose i could bring you one seeing your enjoy for this meal"

the glimmer in her eyes died but her smile didn't drop, "Although I don't doubt it won't be grand, That is not necessary, I wouldn't like to trouble you more than i already have, I would very much appreciate if you thanked her for me, she is a remarkable cook"

"It won't be a trouble at all, in fact I would like to show you more of what Venice has to offer" he didn't know where that came from, but the way she had smiled the joy so visible had made him want to see it again, want to hear the little sweet sounds she made while devouring the food all the while he had in mind of devouring her... his meal suddenly tasteless as he desired for else.

"While i am most grateful Sir, I must remind you that i already don't feel comfortable inferring in your life.. your family must be waiting for you.." she broke off awkwardly and mentally scowlded herself for asking him that and thinking he would be uncomfortable as well she was surprised to see a light smile on his face, "I do not have a family waiting for me.. but i am grateful for your concern"

He didn't have a wife then? he said family... did he perhaps—-- oh fiddlestick! why were she even caring if he had a wife and tons of children waiting for him at home? after all she had no liberty on him and were nothing else but a stranger... yes a stranger... and she would make sure to remind herself that.

"Well nonetheless you have your duties, and I think it's no good upon your reputation to be seen with me," She spoke briefly and watched as he twirled the glass of brandy before meeting her gaze, "No i suppose your correct... Reputation is important to me"

she didn't know why she felt hollow hearing that... After all she was the one who wanted to brush him away and hope he could give her privacy... why did she suddenly feel miserable?...

_____________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT!

A/N: you guys this was a long chapter but i loved how it turned out, I am not a perfectionist but i cannot stand when the way something pops in my head doesn't feel the same writing it down, (Author problems haha) fourtantely this was not the case! also do anyone speak italian? I've always loved the language and tried to learn but i am not fluent so keep that in mind and do correct me if i spell wrong!

i hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to tap on the little orange star for me to know you appreciate my work!