Chapter 60

Chapter 60 Migratory Birds Retrograde

    Swallows, wild geese, wild ducks, egrets... Birds that were rarely seen in the city before, are now densely packed like dark clouds flying low over the city.

    They flew from south to north, and came near the apartment in a blink of an eye. Because the apartment is high enough and Youxi has good eyesight, she can clearly see the wings and eyes of those birds.

    She was naturally afraid of the eyeballs and sharp beaks of birds, but seeing so many birds at once made her feel hairy.

    This physiologically uncomfortable feeling is not even lower than seeing densely entangled black bugs in the last world.

    Except for swallows, they are basically large birds, and it is rare to see a few of them in the city.

    A small flock of these birds flying low over a city might be a sight to behold.

    But there are so many birds, crowded together, so many that it is shocking, not to mention the beautiful scenery, almost everyone who sees it is panicked.

    The floor-to-ceiling glass of the apartment building faces south, and the location of the apartment is on the southeast corner of the whole building. Most of the birds encountered this tall building because they had to avoid it, so some flew high, some flew sideways, but some of them hit them—especially The corners are not as good as those.

    The glass was knocked and crackled. Fortunately, all the glass in this apartment is double-thickened. The bird hit the glass and fluttered a few times, then flew high again or turned sideways.     Youxi endured both psychological and physical discomfort, and the nearby households must have been shocked by the sight. There were low cries from time to time, as well as the immature voices of early-rising children hugging their parents and yelling for fear.     Suddenly, the hostess's terrified cry came from the floor-to-ceiling windows of the closest apartment next door, accompanied by the sound of a bird beating its wings desperately.     "Husband! Hurry up! Get it away--don't let it in! Ah--it pecks my hand--husband!" cried the hostess more and more mournfully.     The other party should have opened the transom a little bit earlier, when a bird swooped over and got stuck in the transom.

    The hostess was startled and wanted to close the window subconsciously, but she didn't know whether it was the bird's claws or wings. The bird struggled desperately and even started pecking at her hand.

    The male owner next door obviously hadn't seen this before, and then he took something to poke the bird desperately, which caused the bird to scream.

    After a while, it seemed that the bird had finally been poked out. Youxi heard the voice of the master comforting the hostess, indicating that the bird had fallen and was all right.

    But the woman's hand was probably injured, and she kept crying for pain, and asked if she wanted to go to the hospital for an injection. After all, it was a wild bird, and she had never had close contact with it before. Scared to death, his voice trembled.

    Youxi was against the glass, so she couldn't see what was going on in the house next door from her perspective, but she could see the bird that was poked out.

    This should be an egret, with a snow-white body and a black slender beak, which is larger than ordinary egrets. I don't know if the wings were pinched. After being poked out, the egret slipped all the way along the glass wall and never flew up again.

    Looking at the dense flock of birds, You Xi felt a little bad premonition.

    Sure enough, before she could finish her thoughts, she saw several egrets swooping down from above, heading towards the glass next door. Bang bang bang! After a few loud rings, the hostess next door was frightened and screamed again.