06 | Stunned

22 BBY, Month 5

Rylann

Rylann's hand twitched over her saber on her belt, watching as the boys began to move around some boxes in the dark room

Rylann's hand twitched over her saber on her belt, watching as the boys began to move around some boxes in the dark room. It was after midnight and Rylann flinched at every sound they made. What if they woke someone up and were caught?

"Guys, what is this place?" Rylann asked, glancing around the room best she could. There were many boxes and old machines, but behind it all was something that looked a little different than your average storage room.

"This is the training room for the first batch of clones," Hunter explained, grunting as he finished pushing the box against the wall. "But now we have the Republic funded one."

Rylann paused, still unsure of the secrecy of the location. "What if someone hears us?"

"That will not happen." Tech adjusted the goggles on his face, reaching her side. "These walls are sound proof and besides we are on the lower levels. The only people down here are the occasional guard and maybe 99 on a leisure stroll."

"99?" Rylann asked. She didn't know who 99 was or rather if it was 99 clones she didn't know about.

"He's a defective clone," Wrecker said with a grin as he pounded his fists together, "like us."

Wrecker's excitement and love for his brothers brought a smile onto Ry's face. "I would like to meet him one day."

Hunter chuckled, clapping her on the back. "He's not one you easily forget."

"He also makes the best muffins!" Wrecker added, brushing past her as Tech started to fire up the training simulation. 

Ry flinched at the loud hum as the systems buzzed to life. "I really need to meet him now." Muffins sounded spectacular. 

"Enough chit chat," Crosshair finally said, standing up from his leaning on the wall. "I want to go to bed at some point. Let's get this over with."

Rylann rose a brow at her new friend. "It was your idea, Snipes."

"Alright, Cry Ry," Crosshair said, leisurely brushing past Wrecker who was still moving some boxes, "let's see what you've got."

Anger surged through her body like the waves below them. Was he calling her that because of when he found her crying? Pulling the lightsaber from her belt, she ignited it before the boys had finished moving the boxes. "Alright, Killjoy, let's see what happens when you anger a jedi," she spat, the green saber shimmering in her grey eyes.

"Wow there!" Hunter exclaimed as he and the other brothers jumped between the two, but Ry used the force to move them back with a move of her hand.

"He's mine," she growled, testing the saber in her hands by slashing it a few times.