13 | The Master's Return

22 BBY, Month 6

Shaak Ti

The new month dawned as the shuttle crested the next wave, soaring higher to reach Tipoca City's landing docks

The new month dawned as the shuttle crested the next wave, soaring higher to reach Tipoca City's landing docks. Shaak Ti watched the rain race down the shuttle's window, eager to get back to her new home. Though Coruscant was where she spent most of her life, this past visit was a little too chaotic and fast-paced for her liking. She was looking forward to what the Republic had planned for her on Kamino—oversee the cadet training and be the voice of reason on her planet's and people's behalf. It seemed easy enough.

After landing procedures panned out, Shaak Ti glided down the ramp, hands resting within her cloth sleeves. She nodded to passing clones, giving them a soft smile before diverting her attention to the Kaminoans awaiting her. It was Prime Minister Lama Su and his entourage, looming over her in the steady fall of rain, silently watching as she made her way towards them.

She stopped in front of them, blinking softly as rain rolled down her face, temporarily blinding her. "Prime Minister, what a pleasant surprise to be greeted," Shaak Ti said, giving him her best smile.

"Welcome back, Master Shaak Ti," the Kaminoan leader said, bowing his head slightly. "Shall we escort you inside? I believe there will be much to talk about regarding your position here."

Shaak Ti did her best not to narrow her eyes. The last time she checked, it was she who was supposed to inform them of it. How much did they know? How did they know?

Shaak Ti bowed her head. "Of course," she stated, following their long strides inside. "But," she ventured, glancing up at the tall Kaminoan before her, "I would request that we start discussions tomorrow. I have had a long week and would like to rest from the journey and see if my padawan is doing well."

"Oh, I nearly forgot you had a little jedi with you," Lama Su laughed to himself. "And your request is granted." He stopped at the door of the pod city, looking down at her, carefully inspecting her expression. "But tomorrow at 0800 will you meet us at the conference room?"

Shaak Ti smiled, nodding her head as rain trickled down her montrals to her lekku. "Very well."

Lama Su nodded and his entourage and himself entered the city, leaving Shaak Ti to herself. Taking a breath, she entered as well, heading in an entirely different direction than the Kaminoans.

Her thoughts dwelled on Rylann, wondering how she was doing. Rylann had only responded to Shaak Ti's messages or comms with tact and promptness, but Shaak Ti wanted to know more than just her training. For once, Shaak Ti wished her padawan had gone into great detail about the food or the latest song she was into. Shaak Ti had a week full of excitement and yet wanted more from Rylann. Shaak Ti chuckled to herself. What was becoming of her?

Finally, Shaak Ti made it to her suite, unlocking the door. As she entered, she tossed her satchel on the couch, before pausing slightly. Something was off in the room. It smelled slightly less clean, it looked almost the same, but she noticed a few of her counter decorations were in the wrong place. Rylann must have cooked here. She paused, noting a shift in how the room felt.  She had felt the feeling before, many times, and it could only mean one thing. Rylann had brought clones in here.