26 | Flying Lessons

22 BBY, Month 7

Crosshair

Crosshair's heart raced in his chest as he and Rylann made their way across the platform on Tipoca City

Crosshair's heart raced in his chest as he and Rylann made their way across the platform on Tipoca City. The rain pounded around them, making them have to run for it to the newly modified Omicron-class attack shuttle, which was assigned to and designed for him and his brothers for their secret missions. And soon it will be Rylann's ship, too, he found himself thinking since she would be leading them as their Jedi General in a sense once she actually graduated her Jedi college or whatever it was.

After boarding the ship, Rylann laughed as she wiped rain from her face, grey eyes shimmering with excitement. "That was not how I planned on ending the evening—" she started, shivering. "Soaked to the bone and off on an adventure."

Warmth swarmed Cross's heart as a smile formed on his face. "I hope it will be worth the cold."

Rylann scrunched up her nose at him. "Let's avoid getting sick if we must." He'd keep joking about that if it meant seeing her nose scrunch up like that.

Cross closed the ramp of the ship as they made their way out of the rain. "Come on, we have a long way to go." Crosshair led her to the control deck turning on the ship's lights as he went.

He felt a surge of pride as Rylann gazed across the ship in awe. Rylann met his gaze, blinking sharply. "Why are you doing this at this time of day, anyway?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she made her way to the dashboard, watching the rain streaked windows. "By the time you're done with the delivery, it'll be like two or three in the morning."

"That's if you get us there on time." Crosshair gestured to the pilot's seat. "Let's hope you're a fast learner."

"Uh, shouldn't you at least get us in the air?" Rylann asked, taking a step back uncomfortably, her wet hair falling in front of her face. "I don't know what I'm doing yet."

Crosshair laughed, sliding into the passenger seat, swiveling the chair around. "How do you think you learn?"

Rylann flushed, hesitantly plopping into the chair behind the steering. "I just think you are covering up the fact that you don't know how to fly."

Cross scoffed playfully. "Oh, I know how to fly, sweetheart," he said, and judged her reaction. She looked away, ignoring his statement. "I learned how to actually do things important for the war."

Rylann pouted slightly, narrowing her eyes at him. "I feel there is a rude insinuation which I will completely ignore. Only because you are going to regret this and I will be right that you are faking being able to fly."

Crosshair shrugged, buckling himself in. "Whatever makes you feel better." He leaned back into his chair, sending her a smirk. "Or fly better." Rylann just stared at him strangely. It was as if a softness passed over her gaze and that seemed out of character for her. "What?"