71 | Flying, Smelly Boots

21 BBY, Month 8

Rylann looked at the array of sergeants in the holocall, pleased with herself for leading seven special unit teams

Rylann looked at the array of sergeants in the holocall, pleased with herself for leading seven special unit teams. Hunter was beside her, probably calling from his room. Rylann wondered if his brothers were eavesdropping. Probably.

Joseta and Kallo Pro'oz were also in the call, muttering to themselves, teasing each other no doubt. It was probably about Rex noting Joseta's flashing eyes.

There was also Reff, the jerk from the tour, but Rylann tried not to hold it against him because he was actually good at his job. But she kept him far from the other groups to keep the peace.

There was also Gregor and Boss, of the clone commando groups that Shaak Ti helped her organize. Rylann liked Gregor but she was too sure what to think about Boss. He hadn't really shown his personality yet.

Then there was Hersehl. After accidentally betraying the Duchess, he wanted to make up for it and offer Mandalore's aid with a small elite group of sentry he had trained himself. Since the Duchess didn't want to fully extend her grace with the war, she gave Hersehl, her old royal guard, giving her blessing to work with Rylann to help track down Death Watch. Unofficially, of course.

"And now that concludes our break," Rylann said, clearing her throat. All eyes were on her. After they finished each team's briefing, it was now up to her to assign new missions. "Boss and Gregor, you can continue your missions as usual. Hersehl, I need you to transition your team into discovering how Death Watch infiltrated neutral space."

"Yes, sir!" Boss, Gregor, and Hersehl all said.

"Reff, you will begin the search for Boba Fett, pausing your current mission," Rylann said, looking to the thin boy.

"But I am on the brink of—" he paused, flushing. "Yes, sir."

Rylann turned to the oldest Pro'oz. "Kallo, keep assisting the 212th with filling in their ranks. They need more pilots like you and your team."

Kallo saluted her lazily. "Yes'm."

"Joseta, you can help fix the leak problem with Captain Rex," Rylann said, watching Joseta, but she didn't react. "Kenobi is too busy for it, and I'm too busy, so I'll need you to step in."

"Yes, sir," was all Joseta said.

Rylann had a meeting with her earlier and had teased her about Rex so she didn't think Joseta liked being poked at in public about her growing crush on the 501st captain. "Oh, and after that, I will need you to pick up the package you and Phee left on that unknown planet."

"We will try." Joseta paused, running her hands through her bangs. "Phee has this map, but I don't know if it is even accurate. It might be hard trying to find it again."

Rylann nodded slowly, trying to find an answer to the problem. "Hunter, I think that it might be good for you to help since you have some much needed tracking skills." She watched Hunter perk up emotionally, but remained stoic in appearance. She kept forgetting that Hunter and Jos were friends. "But while you wait for Joseta to finish up the leak stuff, the Batch could help me move the base off of Kamino."