Meet Makayla Shewell

Maykala's pov

Ugh, another day at school, another day acting like the best. It's not really going to school the problem, it's my life situation that's the problem.

My parents suck. They want to be the best I can be. They only see perfection in their eyes and a perfect girl.

My mom expects me to get married to the perfect guy and have children too. She also expects me to be successful.

It's no surprise that I'm the top cheerleader at school. Through, I hate cheerleading. I'm only doing it for my mom. She doesn't want me to do anything less than that.

In reality, I like running and training. I like being fit but my mom doesn't like that. She says muscles on girls aren't pretty and training is for boys. She wants me to have the perfect body for a model and that includes having the perfect feminine body. It's utter nonsense but it's not like I can do anything about it. I can't go against her as much as I'd want to.

So, it's no surprise either that my mom put me at the top of the social ladder.

Yes, I'm Makayla Shewell the top cheerleader and the number one most popular girl. Everyone knows me.

Anyways, I'm not only the golden girl, I have a mom who wants me to be the best. Though, she's a fake mom herself. She's controlling and so much more.

My dad isn't all that better. He expects me to be successful as well and be the perfect nice lady. He wants me to be the boy's favourite.

Through, I'm not close to him by any means, even less so since last year.

Last year, there was a huge scandal about my family, precisely my parents. My dad had an affair with another woman.

Things were between my parents. They fought all the time and my mom kicked him out. Turns out my dad was still with that other woman.

They got an ugly divorce finalized a few months ago. What is worst is that my dad remained with the other woman and married her only a few weeks after his divorce. How sh*tty of him!

Regardless, my parents didn't really like each other all that much before the scandal. They were into a forced marriage.

Sure they had me and my younger brother but that didn't make it better.

So now, my family situation is horrible. My dad lives with his new wife Jessica and her daughter Ella. Ugh, gosh just thinking about her, disgusts me. She doesn't know that through.

My mom still lives in our big house. Yes, we are sorta rich.

On weekdays I'm mostly at my mom's and on weekends I'm mostly at my dad's.

Either place is horrible. I don't like being in any of those houses. When I'm at my mom's house, I always get controlled and have to be the perfect girl and at my dad's I have to deal with my new step-mother that I hate so much and her daughter Ella. Ugh, Ella.

At least, at my mom's I have my dog Myla. I love her! She's the only one that understands me.

Nobody understands, they see me as the golden girl but in reality, it's pure torture even if I have all the privileges. I don't get to be myself. That's what's not cool.

Every day, I have to act like everything is alright like I'm the best. I have to pretend to like cheerleading too and pretend I'm normal like the other girls.

Yeah, I'm not normal. I like girls...That's hard to accept but I accepted it even if I know I'll never get to come out and marry a guy one day.

As much as it's bad to like girls in my school, I can't deny it or help it. It's who I truly am.
People in our school are homophobic, unfortunately. They aren't open. I've never seen two girls happily dating each other at our school, even less two boys.