Meet Blake Hamilton

Blake's pov

School's over and it's a Friday. I'm glad that it's the case. Through, I kinda wish I could go back home but I can't.

Today it's the soccer game of the Spirits. I know I'm not a part of that team at all and besides I'm not a girl either. No, I hold another role. It's not a huge role but it's still important for the school.

I'm a part of the journalism group at Rochester High. I specialize in sports, yes sports. I write articles about the games in our school and the players too.

It seems like it's not important but it's actually a lot of work. It takes up a lot of time but it doesn't me too much because I like it.

Yeah, I love writing, that's my passion. I do those articles for the journalism club and in my free time, I create my own storied and write them. Writing is fun but I like to do it on my own at home.

It's not the case with being a journalist at this school, obviously. I have to be there at every game. We are only 4 in our group as people don't care about writing and I'm the only one that does it on sports.

I see myself as just a member but lately...it feels like I'm being seen as more important. I'm not just the guy that writes, I'm becoming more than that.

Not a lot of people know my name because they don't care about who writes those articles but my name is Blake Hamilton.

I've never been popular at this school as I don't like being the center of attention. I like being by myself and doing things without too much attention put on me. So yeah, getting praised and talking about my work openly is not something I like.

Consider this, I'm one of the outcasts and losers of this school. Ok, others see me as reserved and unapproachable but that doesn't matter. Others don't choose to be an outcast but I did.

What I mean by it feels like it's changing is related to my friends. I have two friends, close ones. Parker and Torrey. We get along and we have never been popular and we were perfectly fine like that.

On Wednesday, Parker won a gold medal in figure skating as he rightfully deserves. Usually, no one hears about it and it remains between friends and family but it seems like it wasn't this time around.

Our school president, Alexis Jones found out about it and spread the word about his win. Now everyone keeps congratulating Parker and he's rapidly raising in the popularity ladder. Parker never wanted that neither did Torrey and me.

What does it have to do with me? Well, they aren't just curious about Parker. Sense Torrey and I are always around him, they tend to look at us too and I don't like it! I don't like the attention!

Because of that some people are starting to notice who I am. I wanted to remain in the shadows, not this!

I would say today was the day everyone looked at us the most. What is even more strange is that Alexis has been eating with us since yesterday. I find it so odd and awkward!

Enough about my social status. That's not the only thing about me.

Lately, I've been hearing and seeing a lot of LGBTQ+ stuff. Strangely, I do know it's not Pride month and our school is far from the most LGBTQ+-friendly place.

This week we had a new transfer student, Camilla I believe. Even though it hasn't been said, I can tell she's trans. That's the first time I've seen a trans person in this school. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. There are probably others but it's not noticeable.

I will never tell her I know she's trans because it's rude to do so. I know others would do that 100% percent.

Even if it's that, I've always known about LGBTQ+ stuff and have been a pro at it. I mentioned I have two friends. Well both of them are a part of the LGBTQ+ community. Torrey is what we call an omnisexual, it's a recent term and I'm the one that found that via research. She's a masculine girl too.