#Bane

*For those that don't remember, Bane is the official ship name I gave for Lane and Blake on all the character's love development. You are free for another one or this one. Yes, this chapter is about them. Enjoy!

Lane's pov

Gosh, I can't believe still one month later, the party at Alexis's still has effects on me. I mean, I would rather forget like others are doing now but I can't. I mean, how can you when you were the cause the party ended?

Sometimes I wonder, if I would've had passed out, would all of this have happened?

Yeah, unfortunately, things didn't end well for me. Sure, now I'm ok but knowing what happened, I can't ignore that it left scars on me, not literal scars! Ok, maybe a bit on my health but it's being monitored.

I don't remember much from that night but from what I got told, I had taken drugs which that was true because I remember that part, I was very drunk. Then, later in the night, I started feeling unwell, felt faint and dizzy, then I passed out. My heart was beating fast and apparently, it was all thanks to Blake that I am still alive.

Yes, it was that bad. Whenever I drink something or eat something I always need to monitor myself but I didn't that night.

After I passed out, I was sent into an ambulance. They had to stabilize me, especially my blood and everything because I was at risk of a heart attack.

I don't remember that part but all I know is that the pain was horrible. I woke up a day later and gosh...I felt horrible indeed. My parents were there and were so worried for me. They told me everything they could and they even told me about everything that happened at that party. That's when I knew how bad it was.

In the end, when I was stabilized enough and it was deemed safe, I had to go back home.

Through, thinking my life would go back to normal after leaving the hospital would be a lie.

For the whole Spring break, I had to stay at home and not do any exercise or anything. Even if what was happening to me was bad and I felt horrible, not being to do what I love Volleyball and not doing exercise felt suffocating.

I know I had to do it to heal but that's what I hate about having diabetes, it blocks me from living a normal life and doing what I love, Volleyball.

The only thing that kept me entertained was the drama about the party of course...

My accident had gotten all over the news and the town.

Everyone felt bad for me and pitied me, gosh I hated it and still hate it! I'm not a poor girl! What happened to me was just an accident, that's all there is.

What bothers me, even more is that everyone found out I have diabetes and only because of my so-called accident. That's terrible! I never wanted anyone to find out! All because of that, people don't see me the same way, they see me as a fragile girl that needs to be careful. I'm far from that and I know it. I just wanted to live a normal life, not all this sh*t because I'm diabetic and it almost killed me.

Anyways, after being locked out for the entire Spring break, I was ready to go back to school. I dreaded going back after what happened to me but I decided to ignore that and held my head high.

As soon as I got back, everyone started looking at me differently, I wasn't just Lane Hopewell the Volleyball girl, I was seen as Lane Hopewell the girl that got into an ambulance. That's the same words I was tired of hearing.

The Volleyball team didn't want me to play as much as before as they feared another accident would happen. Even if I managed a way to convince them to let me play, it haunted me, to this day, it still haunts me.