Meet Bakri Selhi

Bakri's pov

Dancing, dancing, dancing, I love dancing! It's my favourite! I love moving around, it's so fun!

I've always liked dancing ever since I was young and absolutely adore it. My parents have always criticized it and I don't understand why, dancing is wonderful, you feel free. Through, they allowed me to dance after seeing how much I like it.

Dancing is so much fun! I get to do what I want and get lost in my world! Making moves feels so good on me! I don't usually like the music but I do when I can just, freely dance, no question.

I used to do it often when I wasn't supposed to as I loved it so much but I got told to stop doing it. Apparently, I have to do it only in dance classes or when I'm alone. I think that's dumb.

Dancing makes you free, why would everyone hate it? When you dance, it's like nothing is bothering you anymore and you get lost in thoughts. It's so magical and I feel so free! I just wished others could do it too!

Hi, I'm Bakri Salhi and apparently, I'm the best dancer in the school? I don't quite understand what it means. Why does matter if I'm good or not? I just want to dance.

Yes, I'm Arabic as I've been told and some people keep making jokes that I make bombs or I'm a terrorist. I don't quite understand what they are saying. Why does the ethnicity of someone involve that? I'm just a guy. People are quite harsh.

I heard my mom mentioned she and Dad moved here to have a better life. Though I don't know what that means. Better life? Life is already nice as it is but they always seem sad whenever they look at me, it's confusing.

Abigail and Olivia are always smiling and happy. They are sad sometimes as they cry but it's fine. They are always happy when I'm with them. Why can't they do the same?

Abigail and Olivia are so nice even if she is in a wheelchair. It's so sad, she can't walk anymore, she can't have the freedom to dance but sometimes Abigail dances with me and we laugh together, it's so much fun!

Anyways, apparently, I'm what we call autistic. They never talk about it with me but I know, I know from others, I've seen it first hand. No one understands me except Abigail and Olivia.

Others are always so mad at me for not doing things correctly and teachers too.

Why do they expect me to be perfect when I'm not perfect?

"Hey, Bakri, do you want some of my strawberries?" Abigail asks kindly.

Oh yeah, it's lunchtime now.

"Yes" She gives me some and I eat them happily.

"So, I heard Mason Lowell of all people talked to you this morning," Olivia says to Abigail.

Was it the black guy?

"Yeah, it was quite odd that he was talking to me. He was accompanied by William."

"Ohh, those two are friends."

"Are you sure about that?" Abigail smirks and I get confused.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask confused.

"Oh, it's not anything too serious but I'm thinking that Mason is dating William," Abigail says.

Dating? Oh...dating I want that too...

"Dating? How could that be possible? He's dating Grace!" Olivia says puzzled and Abigail smiles stood.

"No...is he actually cheating on her?! No way!" Abigail says loudly. Ow...

I cover my ears and Abigail notices it.

"Sorry, I talked too loudly." She chuckles guilty. She's sitting next to me too...