Meet Parker Watkins

Parker's pov

Goodness, I feel so flustered today. I know have no reason to. Instead, I should be celebrating by medal I won in the competition I did yesterday but that's just not me.

I've always lived my high school life in shadows with my friends but it seems like someone will ruin that.

It's Alexis, the school's president. She scares me, especially with that dominating aura of her. I was terrified when she suddenly asked to talk to me earlier.

It seems like she figured out my talent. I knew I wouldn't be able to hide for long because of my growing talent but I didn't think that it would caught the interest of Alexis Jones of all people.

How can I not know her? She's the school president and she holds prestige in this school.

Regardless, yesterday the medal I won is an important one I can't deny. I won first place in men's figure skating at the championship that was state-wise.

A lot of people would say there are not a lot of figure skaters where I live and that's why I won first place. I don't believe them. I think there are full of other skaters that are one thousand times better than me.

This morning the very Alexis Jones came to congratulate me in person and of course, she made sure the entire school heard about it. All thanks to her, I will be the center of attention which I don't very like.

I will no longer be just a sophomore guy. No, everyone will know me, everyone will know me as Parker Watkins a figure skater who won first place in a championship state-wise.

It's not that I'm ashamed of my win, it's just I don't want to have all this popularity like ones such as Maverick Campbell, Makayla Shewell, Emery Blackwell and even a volleyball girl like Lane Hopewell has. I wanted to remain a sort of loser with my trio of friends. I guess it won't be the case anymore as it's already too late.

I get into the art class with Ms. Lessings alongside my best friend Torrey and instantly everyone looks at me. They saw the post the school made a few minutes ago. They'll announce it on the radio too.

I can't miss the fact of who's in my class. There's Maverick Campbell in this class and speaking of that, he's talking to this talented art guy Charlie. There's even Lane Hopewell, the best volleyball player in Rochester High. She's not that popular but it might be due to her bratty attitude. Through, I know her thanks to Torrey and now thanks to Blake too.

Blake is in the journalism club and he's the one that does lots of articles on sports players in our school. So yeah, I know everyone thanks to him.

Anyways, those very same people look at me and I get nervous. Gosh...why does even have to look at me?

"Ah, Parker, come here." Ms. Lessings says.

I come closer to her desk.

"Yes, Mam?"

"Why didn't you tell me you won first place in figure skater?"

"Oh, uh, it's not that important," I say awkwardly.

"Of course it is! You didn't just win any kind of award, you won state-wide!" Ms. Lessings says loudly and everyone hears her.

"Hey! Congrats on winning Parker! You totally killed it!" Maverick yells happily.

"Hey, I didn't know you were a figure skater! I saw your performance and you killed it!" Lane yells and I blush feeling flustered.

"That's my friend right there!" My friend Torrey says proudly.

"See, it's very important. People are proud of you Parker. You have a special talent others don't have. I believe you are the first figure skater in this school in over a decade and the first one to be a boy!" Oh...being called a boy like that doesn't feel right. I'm just a figure skater, my gender isn't important.