Meet Camilla Lunez

Camilla's pov

This is it, my first day at my new school Rochester High.

I know it's strange that I'm transferring to a new high school on a Tuesday and in Mid-March but I had no choice.

I had to transfer from the other high school in town Lewis High because how I was treated there was awful.

I was bullied verbally, physically and in any way possible. You name it. It's been going on for years but in the past few months, it has been unbearable.

The last straw was when I got pushed from the roof just because I'm...trans.

Yes, I'm Camilla Lunez the trans girl that has gone viral for falling from a roof at Lewis High
weeks ago.

I'm so lucky I didn't get badly injured. I got a concussion and broke my right leg, that's it. It was horrible and I had to be hospitalized for it.  It could've been worse and I'm aware of that.

So for the last few weeks, I hadn't gone to school and today I'm back at school but I'm starting at Rochester High instead.

I really wish I could go to another high school but my parents can't move for my sake, they've done so much for me.

My parents weren't aware of what was going on as I didn't have the heart to tell them nor the courage. Once that event happened, they were furious at my school but couldn't do anything much more. At least the guy that pushed me, got expelled but what scares me is that I heard he's in this school now. I really hope I won't see him and he won't see me.

So, as of today, I am now finally ok to go back to school.

Through, when I mean my parents did a lot for me, they really did.

I'm not only trans and my parents weren't aware of it. They always knew. I have known since I was young but wasn't aware of the term.  In my heart, body and soul I have always been a girl despite being born and trapped in a boy's body.

So I have been trans for years. Yes, I've been bullied before for being too girly but now it's because I am trans.

At first, my parents didn't accept it and didn't understand it but they let me go on hormone blockers at age 12.

Obviously, I wish I could get the hormones to begin my transformation medically to a woman but they deem me too young and my accident didn't help either.

Regardless, I started acting like a girl, I dress up like a girl would, I put makeup on, do what girls do. Basically, I live as a girl. Sometimes, I wish I could go through what other girls go through but I know it'll never be possible.

Even if it's that, I make sure to look the closest to a girl even if I haven't gone to puberty, yeah I put fake boobs thanks to pads on my bras.

Anyways, my parents made sure that my accident will not happen again. They managed to make the teachers and the principal use my new name, not my dead name, use the pronouns she/her/hers and treat me as if I were a female student.

Luckily for us, the principal surprisingly agreed even if they are uncomfortable with that.

That way people won't automatically assume I'm trans and I'll feel more comfortable.

Despite my gender, I have another condition that makes the bullying worse that I have no control over. I have dyspraxia. Yeah, I suck at tying my shoes laces, throwing balls and so much more. I hate the teasing and it's not fun especially knowing others blamed it for the next I was acting like a girl. It has nothing to do with that.

Most guys are seen as athletic so it's rare to have guys have dyspraxia but then again I am a girl, not a guy.

Other than that bad stuff, I have something to
cope with and that I did often during my recovery. I like to cook and bake. Yeah, nothing thing I got bullied for but I made sure I wouldn't let that get past me.