Meet Lane Hopewell

Lane's pov

Ugh, this week hasn't been a good one for me. I mean, everything is going well with me of course but there's just one tiny thing that wasn't good.

Last weekend, my boyfriend broke up with me. He's such an asshole and a jerk. He dared bail on me on our suppose date and only just to break up with me.

Like I knew he didn't like me all that much but he didn't have to do it that way. To be honest, I saw him more like a fling but we still dated for short two weeks anyway.

I get that he wasn't into me all that much, I could tell and I wasn't either but how can he break up with me? I deserve better goodness.

I know what type of guy he is and he's far from soft but you know, still sucks. That guy is f**ked up let's face it. He's some sort of criminal cause he went into juvie less than a year ago, yeah juvenile detention.

That's bad and it's worse for my reputation but I was only going out with him for the thrill, the bad boy vibe and his look. That sounds mean but that's just how I am.

Like I ain't just anybody even if I'm not Makayla Shewell even if I wish badly for that.

Yeah, I tried out for cheerleading at the start of the year and I didn't make the final cut. I could've been apart of Makayla's group of friends but that didn't happen.

I guess I wasn't good enough and pretty enough. Are the standards still blond? Cause I ain't blond and I ain't going blond for that.

Anyways, it's not like I'm crying about losing that role. Nah, I'm quite a fit girl and pretty too. To take revenge, I tried out for something else. I tried out for Volleyball and guess what? I made the final cut!

Obviously, I knew how to play volleyball, I just never wanted to be on a team but now that I am, I'm glad I do because now I'm the best girl out of all the volleyball girls.

Who's better than all those girls? Me! Yeah, that's right I'm Lane Hopewell and I'm slowly getting known as the best volleyball player.

Ok, I get that our school, Rochester High doesn't hold prestige over Volleyball, especially not for women but now they'll change their mind.

Trust me, when I first came in the girls sucked like real hard and now we are somehow decent all thanks to me.

Even if I actually like Volleyball now, I can't forget what made me want to join the cheerleading team. I do gymnastics. I've done so ever since I was 3, so I was already quite well-built and fit. Now Volleyball is making it even better.

In a way, I wish I could be as popular as Makayla Shewell but I know it'll never be possible, she's the golden girl, not me. She's even dating Maverick Campbell, the basketball captain. She's got it all.

I like being the center of attention but regarding dating, I don't actually tend to go for the most popular guys. I mean they don't want to date me even if I beg one thousand times. I was lucky enough to be dating that juvie guy. I even managed to get myself another bad boy a few months ago but news flash he was a huge embarrassment.

We were totally in it and once we were right at the final act, he wasn't turned out like at all. It was a shock and a huge disappointment. It's clear I never talked to him again.

That guy was Ethan White. Yeah, the school's bad boy or whatever. All I know is that he's not like that at all.

At the start of the year, I dated a girl actually. It was nice but she got too boring for my taste so I broke up with her. She was weirdly masculine energy. Yeah, her name was Torrey Solomon.