Rochester Day

Olivia's pov

Today it's the final day of school and it's Rochester Day it seems like.

I'm so glad it's the final day of school but at the same time, I also feel melancholic because the school year is coming to an end. This is my final day as a sophomore and I know next year I'll be a junior, so it won't be the same. It's crazy how fast time goes. I still remember the first day of school.

All the memories I've made during the year are coming to an end.

Although today it's our final day at school, it's not a real school day. Last Friday, it was our last official school day with classes. On Monday, the final exams week started and yesterday it was our final exam.

It feels so relieving that the exams we studied hard for are finally done. Those exams marked the end of the school year.

Through this, the school decided that the official final day of school on our calendar has to be a free day where we get to celebrate the end of the year, so no classes.

Normally, it's just a casual day where we do fun stuff and activities but this year it's different, we have what they call Rochester Day. This is a first-time occurrence. The school council decided to make that special event but I'm sure Alexis Jones mostly planned it.

She had a ruined reputation due to the disatrous party but her image got better once people saw what she got planned. Once everyone heard of the event Rochester Day, they instantly liked it because the number of things planned for that day was so diverse, it was perfect!

I'm honestly quite surprised by the number of things the student council pulled off with the school staff considering most of the school's budget got used for our school trip which happens to be tomorrow.

Anyways, we all have to be there by 7:30 a.m. like we usually do.

The event of Rochester Day is a series of different extracurricular activities being done throughout the day.

I know it's pretty damn early but due to high temperatures, our school's girl's soccer team, the Spirits will start the day by playing a game against Lewis High. It means Emery Blackwell will star in it. I heard for the first time, half of the cheerleading team will cheer for the team. Why and how? I don't know.

Then at the same time, the unpopular male soccer team will play against Lewis High players too. The other half of the cheerleading team will cheer for them I heard.

Afterwards, on the major events list, at 10 am, the school's only basketball team all guys only, the Spitfires are scheduled to play against the Snakes of Lewis High in the gymnasium. Half of the cheerleading team will cheer for them. I bet Makayla Shewell will cheer for him even if they aren't dating anymore, they are still best friends they say.

At the same, our only Volleyball team, the Roochies, an all-girls team is scheduled to play against the Volleyball team of the closest Private school from here as Lewis High doesn't have a Volleyball team, losers.

Ok, we might be losers because we're the only school without a Football team. Though I think it'll change once my brother gets into the school. I don't see him often but he's good at Football, I've seen him play a few times. I bet he'll challenge that once he'll be a freshman in high school.

Regardless, unlike the Basketball team, the Volleyball team is playing outside it seems like for the first time because the school decided to set up a fake beach area for Volleyball. So, I guess we'll see Lane Hopewell playing a Volleyball game outside. If half of the cheerleading team is cheering for the Spitfires, the others are cheering for the Roochies. That too is a new thing.