Meet William Littlewood

William's pov

It may be Monday today but for once I'm actually somewhat happy.

I'm happy because today I get to be with my boyfriend even if it's only in secret and it's not often.

We are dating in secret because he says he's not ready to come out and I understand that. I can't be mad when I'm not ready for that either.

Because I'm one of the drama kids and I act in plays, I seem like someone that doesn't like being in public but the truth is that I'm not the most comfortable in public.

I am naturally shy but I have social anxiety. I don't feel comfortable doing stuff in public, I feel the most comfortable in the comfort of my home or a comfortable place. I like my privacy and I don't like it when everyone looks at me.

This is the exact opposite of someone that acts but trust me it's not the same. Acting is my true passion and it has always been since I was young. It's when I am in my element.

When I'm on stage and I get into character, I'm not the same person, I become the person I act and I'm no longer shy. It's only when I play the role of someone else that I completely forget who I am and my life, that's when I shine the most and am the happiest.

That person is William Littlewood a 16-year-old sophomore that is the lead actor of Rochester High. Yes, that guy happens to be me.

As I said when I'm on stage I'm the opposite of who I am. It's crazy how much I gain confidence, my only source of confidence except my boyfriend.

Oh, my boyfriend, he's so thoughtful. It might come as a shock but my boyfriend is Mason Lowell the radio guy, the one who animates shows and films our shows. Yeah, I still don't understand how I got this lucky.

Mason and I's relationship is recent. We officially started dating this weekend, so two days. Though, it's a mistake to say we didn't like each other before.

I liked him a long time ago but I didn't dare to ask him out and especially not to a guy who I thought was straight.

A few weeks ago he said he liked me but I wasn't ready to get into a relationship because of my personal issues. Even if it was that, he took it as a challenge.

We went on a few dates and there, he tried to get to know me and get me comfortable with him.

It was on Saturday on one of our many dates that I was finally ready to date him despite my shaky mental health. He was happy and since then he has had the perfect boyfriend there for me.

What I mean by shaky mental health is way more than just feeling a bit depressed or unhappy.

A few months ago, I was in a very bad place. For months last year, my mental health was just getting worse.

It was in particular due to my gender crisis. Today, I can proudly identify myself as Demi boy but I surely couldn't back then.

I was struggling with my gender identity and so much more. I've always had low self-esteem but back then I couldn't accept the fact that I was way more feminine than the rest, a fag you can say.

I couldn't accept who I was, I thought there was something wrong with me. I thought I didn't deserve to be in this world.

Even if lots of people showed up to see the multiple plays I acted in, I felt like such a failure. The only thing I'm good at is acting and that's all. If I don't act well, I have no future and no life, even if acting is my life.

I also thought I was trans and that no one wanted to see such a person like me dress up as I do. I thought no one would care about me and would hate me. I felt disgusting and gross. I felt like I had no support.