CHAPTER ONE

Noa

I'm already late for school. Just by twenty minutes which is a lot different to my usual time, so to me, I am on time, early to be exact.

It's a Monday morning, sleep was needed, so I got sleep and forgot to set my alarm. Thankfully, I woke up before it was too late and I ended up missing the first twenty minutes of school. My brother Issac kept me up most of the night, he's three years old and he was having a tantrum before his bedtime, it's a shame really, he can be rather annoying but all siblings are.

My other brother Caden who is in my year but a few months older than me is driving me to school as usual. Our parents agree on him driving me to school in his "posh car" because they don't want us both driving, or they think I'm a shit driver. I am not though, I swear, they just don't trust me.

"Are you coming to my game tonight?" My brother asks me as we pull up to the school gates. Caden is part of the football team and I guess I have no choice but to go to his games, after all, this one is his finals, if the team wins this then they win the season. I know the lot try their absolute hardest in their matches so it would be rude of me to not attend, plus I have no other choice since I cheer for their team.

"I'll be there," I answer while putting on my mascara and looking at my reflection in the car mirror with a satisfied smile on my face.

Me and Caden spend our time with each other like if you see him outside of class I'll most likely be by his side. We are very close, he is very protective and to me it looks like he doesn't trust me out on my own but I don't mind having him as company. I'd prefer having Caden by my side constantly than any other guy anyway, so I can't complain.

The cheer team walk around and sit with the football team since half of the cheerleaders date them so it makes sense. People also prefer seeing the two of us together, and it also gives us time to discuss things with the boys even though half of them are making out with their girlfriends.

For me, and most know this, I'd prefer a girl sitting on my lap and making out with me, or just a girl to call my own because... well it's obvious. I'm only out to my brother and the cheer team, they all support me so all is well.

But do I have my eye on any specific female? Yes. And will this romantic fantasy that replays in my head come to life? No. And why won't it? Because this girl hates me.

And in she comes, Zara Jones. The girl I have loved since I first laid my eyes on her and she still manages to take my breath away four years later. Her hair is tied back into a braid, a few loose strands like usual since this hairstyle is like her signature look. A face full of makeup, a braid, the coldness in her eyes, and a smile on her face, which is obviously fake.

She walks in with her best friend by her side, Juliette, she's beautiful don't get me wrong, gorgeous brunette hair that always has a slight curl to it and she has the face of a princess in those fairytales, she has the kindest heart too.

"Stop staring." My brother whispers to me and I raise a brow, "She hates you, she told me she would love to drag a knife down your chest and then stab you."

I just hum as I watch her pick up a bottle of water and then push past an innocent girl as she walked away and I can't help but smile.

My parents own this school, and Zara got here through money and talent, also her mum found interest in my dad, used this as an advantage and spent an hour in his office and then came out with a position for her daughter in the school along with a new man to spend the night with.

Until my mother found out and threatened her and the day after we had another one hundred thousand pounds in the bank and a new person afraid of us.

My eyes follow her to where she sits, in the centre of the room just on the table in front of us and she watched her best friend flirt with another girl like usual. Juliette is a flirt, she sees a girl and she is after her and then once they spend a month together, she breaks up with her and finds someone new.

Zara is single, I know this because she has only been in one relationship, which was with me. But then again, she has at least the whole school onto her but she brushes them away. Including me because I can't even move on.

The two of us broke up a year and a half ago because of things going around the school and it all got too much for her, then her parents found out and forced things to end because it was "for the better" and then things changed. She became the cold person she is, pushing people away and everything but then the hatred for me appeared.

But on the night of the breakup, we sat in her room on her bed and she told me that she and I will find our way back to one another even if it was in a year or five, she will be waiting. We were very much still in love with each other, head over heels to be exact. And then I held her close as she cried and I cried too until we just stayed in silence. And then she ignored me, she blocked me on everything and acted like I was never in her life.

"Noa, what about this?" A voice asks me, before I could even match the voice to a face a book was pushed in front of me, "For our next routine?"

Ah, Karen.

The co-captain of the team, she is sweet and all but I don't know why she is on here, I think it's because my brother was quite fond of her at the time and begged me. Plus she has good moves, and she is flexible, and fit enough for the team so she joined.

And over time her and I have got closer, we are basically best friends but never admit it even though she's always here for me, always speaking to me and I'm always speaking to her. We are close friends basically, plus the past.

On the sheet was a bunch of moves, lines drawn to different places, time stamps, and writing for who goes where at what time. None of it makes sense so I'll be redoing it later.

"Looks good, who did this?" I ask, I may have been focusing on someone else to notice any of this but my brother understands, they all do.

"Quinn did for a change," Karen answered and I hum and smile at the blonde (Karen) and then at the brunette (Quinn).

Quinn helps out here and there with new routines but is shit and demonstrating them, we all agree so it isn't just my words. She also is smart and everything, and an amazing friend too.

"Good job." I smile and she returns the smile once I pass the book back to her and then feel a set of eyes on me.

I follow the feeling to see Juliette looking with a smile on her face but she looked away once she saw me, and said something to her best friend which caused Zara to look at me and I feel my heart leap in my chest.

Until it dropped when she rolled her eyes with a scoff.

"I don't know what you see with her, you could find someone better, literally anyone."