CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Noa

It's four, I'm dressed in a white cable-knit jumper with flared jeans and Converse, the ballet lesson starts in half an hour and it's a long drive with traffic so it's best if I set off now.

"I'm going out," I say to my mother who's sitting in the living room. She looks over her shoulder at me once she heard my words, "I'm going to watch ballet practice. It's dress fitting and practice. I also have a date after."

"Who's the date with?" She asks, a grin rising to her face, "And where?"

"Art gallery with Zara. We may have kissed today." I smile and she smiles widely.

"Be home by tomorrow morning, feel free to sleep at hers but if you are message me, good luck!" She says before we say our goodbyes and I head out to the car.

It's fall, and the leaves on the trees are golden yellow, orange and red. Some have fallen so there are areas with leaves on the path and at the side of the road. There's a cold breeze ever so often and a light layer of fog. I love fall, it's so pretty.

I'm a winter and fall girl, I love the coldness, the snow in winter and then the leaves, baking and the comfort in fall. I love the clothing, the jumpers, cardigans and the music that goes along with the seasons, everything about it brings me happiness.

After twenty minutes of driving, I arrive at the building where they train, I see a few cars outside with a few people outside. I park up and lock the car once I get out, around five adults are standing around and a few children. As I walk up to the entrance, I notice around thirty people seated in the chairs. It looks like there's an audience watching today.

I quietly take a seat beside Juliette and her parents, the girl looks at me and smiles widely.

"This is her, who I was speaking about." Juliette says and her parents look at me, "Noa, meet my parents. Astoria and Rosalie."

"We've heard many things about you! Juliette was just telling us about you and Zara, congratulations." The woman smiled and I smile.

I shake both women's hands and then notice Loren and Malcom walking down the aisle, they take a seat beside the two women, me and Juliette move up so they can sit beside them.

"Noa! We were not expecting to see you, Zara is freaking out backstage she can't fit into her outfit it's quite funny." Loren laughs and I laugh, "It's good to see you."

"Thank you, same for you." I smile and then Juliette looks at me.

"You never told me you guys kissed. Kissed, Noa!" She whispers and I smile, "When? All she said was that you guys are going on a date and you kissed."

"In the bathroom before lunch, it was a moment thing. She tried my lipgloss and put some on me and then I had this flirtatious feeling in me so I said something and then we kissed." I explain and she giggles.

"You're blushing, how cute." She teases and I roll my eyes and look over at the stage, "We are all family or friends of the dances, it's just dress fitting and practice performance, they want an audience to see how it goes."

Sounds interesting.

We sit for a few more minutes until someone comes out from behind the curtain, it must be their trainer.

"Unfortunately, the performance might be cut short due to difficulties backstage." She announces and there are a few sighs, I just laugh quietly.

"I bet it's Zara struggling to fit in her outfit." Juliette whispers and I look at her, "Is she expecting you?"

"No, Daisy invited me, it's a secret," I answer and she hums and checks her phone, I look away due to privacy and notice a ginger coming up the aisle to her family who is sitting in front of us.

There were a few whispers between the lot until there was an agreement by the looks of it and then Daisy came up to me. She's dressed in her outfit, her tutu with silver patterns on, her top with feathers along the top and then silver patterns. She has a headband with white feathers and it suits her quite well.

"You made it, hello. Please come backstage someone is having a breakdown." She says and I hum, Juliette follows as the three of us come backstage, "She's just really nervous."

We open the door and there's a room where everyone is, there are bars and then a mat across the centre. Desks are along the side filled with makeup and people are stretching, others and breaking into their shoes and getting into their outfits.

A few eyes come to us as we walk in, there are smiles and waves, and we all wave back. Daisy takes us to a separate room where there's a little food and then mirrors and outfits.

It's really quiet in here, the only people are their trainer and Zara who is sitting on the bench at the side of the room, she has a glass of water and is dressed in the same outfit but with finer details and tiny gemstones along the fabric.

"She's okay, just a little nervous." The woman says before leaving the room, "Daisy follow me we are on in five minutes."

Juliette disappears into the room where everyone else is so it's just me and Zara, I walk over to her and sit down beside her.

"You came?" She whispers and I pull her as close as she can go without ruining the outfit.

"Of course I came, I wouldn't dare miss this." I answer and she smiles and rests her head on my shoulder, "You might ruin your hair."

"There are many people doing hair out there, it won't take too long to redo." She smiles and I smile and look at her through the mirror, "Where are you sitting?"

"Beside Juliette, her parents and yours are on the same row, you won't miss it." I respond and she nods slowly, "You look beautiful, Blondie."

"Thank you, Carter. I'm even taller now." She laughs and I chuckle, "Care to help me stretch?"

"Of course." I help her stand up and she finishes her drink before turning to me, our eyes lock and she smiles.

"So hold my waist and then my thigh once my legs up, just try your best to keep it steady." She explains as she rises onto pointe and then lifts her leg, I hold one hand on her waist and the other on her thigh of the leg that's in the air and then she holds one hand on mine and the other on my other hand. She then gently pressed them together harder so she stretched even more. Her eyes close for a few seconds and she takes in a sharp breath.

"You're flexible" I chuckle and she laughs.

"You know it's handy in some situations." She smirks and I look at her with widened eyes, "Come on Carter, you know it's true."

"I know, I know." I roll my eyes and she leans to her left and applies more pressure to push herself a little further, "How was school?"

"Incredible." She blushes and I watch as she then goes the other way after thirty seconds, "You?"

"The best," I confess and she hums and I watch as she closes her eyes as she stretches. She then drops her leg and then leans backwards.

She stretches further backwards until her back is an arch and I smile, we used to do this a few times.

Another thirty seconds later she rises and then stretches her feet. Once she finished everything she stood with my hands on her waist.

"I'm on like very soon, good luck kiss?" She asks and I smile and lean up on my tiptoes since she's on pointe and then press my lips against hers.

"Good luck, Blondie."