CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Noa

Swirls made by a paintbrush are the pattern on my ceiling, Maybe laying here staring at the ceiling is helping me notice the small details, how it's not all even, some paint is more gathered together, some light and some darker in areas.

There's a knock on my door, I hum and in walks my Little Miss Blondie.

"Hey, I came to say goodbye." She says and I look at her and smile, she is leaning against the door, holding the handle and her eyes are on me like before, "We leave in five minutes."

"I shall see you tomorrow then." I answer and she agrees with a nod, "I hope you enjoyed tonight."

"I loved it, amazing food too, it's been nice seeing you out of school again." She smiles at me and I smile again, her words cause my heart to flutter and I try my best not to blush.

"It's been nice seeing you too." I smile back and she was about to turn to leave but I stop her by calling out her name. She looks back over her shoulder at me with a raised brow, "Goodbye, Blondie."

"Goodbye, Carter."

~~~

I arrived early today, I'm surprised actually because the fact I woke up earlier than usual is making me early to school. Lessons start in half an hour and I will not be late for once.

My car pulled up in the school parking lot, thankfully there were no crashes or road rage so I say it's a success. It's a good car, my parents have the money to get us all good cars but we just don't throw it around, one car each, a good house that's just an average family home, and then a whole lot of money for shopping.

I turn off the engine and grab my bag from the passenger seat and step out of the vehicle. I then lock it and head over to the group who are here already.

"Noa Carter, on time I see?" Karen gasps and I laugh and she wrapped herself up in my arms as we hug each other, "Are you okay? Did someone change you or something? I think you are supposed to be sleeping for another hour."

"I woke up early so I came to school, not doing it often so don't get used to it," I whisper and she laughs and pulls away from the hug to sit down and I sit beside her.

In the corner of my eye, there's Juliette and she's on the phone to someone.

"Just calm down already, you will be fine, just ask her to go out for lunch somewhere."

"Stop making it sound like the world is going to fall around you. She's a girl, and so are you, ask her on a date and see how it goes."

"No, don't do any sex, it's a first date no."

"Alright then, finally. I'll see you in ten minutes, drive safely, love you."

All that with one person on a call? They must be going through hell right now with all of this.

Another car pulls into the car park and it was my brother, I took this as a sign to go to the bathroom after being desperate for the past few minutes. I stand up and quickly head inside the school just before his car door opens.

I rush down the hallways but accidentally run into someone, their books slipped from their hands and I gasp.

"I'm so sorry, let me help you," I say as I quickly pick up the scrap pieces of paper and give them to her. It's Daisy.

"It's been a while, hey Noa." She smiles and I smile, "There's ballet practice tonight, please come it's a bring people for an audience too, and Zara can not stop talking about you."

"I'll be there, keep it as our secret," I answer and my heart flutters at her words. Zara can not stop talking about you.

We do a pinky promise and then I excuse myself to rush into the bathroom, I burst into a stall, lock it behind me and do my business.

Once finished, I leave and wash my hands and then head out of the bathroom. It's been around five minutes and I am on the way back through the hallways.

"Noa, come in here we need to speak." My mother calls out and I look over and she has her head outside of her office, she's against the door frame.

"What's the matter?" I question once I reach her and walk inside.

"We've been told to give you this." She reaches for an envelope on her desk, my father is on the opposite side of the room on his computer, there's a wall separating the two but the door is open.

My mum passes me the envelope and I hum and look at the writing on the front. Quickly recognising who it's from.

Zara.

"It's pizza for tea, Karen is waiting for you outside by the way I can see her looking bored out of her mind." She explains and I laugh, say my goodbyes and then leave the office.

I open up the envelope as I walk through the hallway, inside is a small canvas and I pick it out and smile.

And on the bottom was a ripped piece of paper which read.

The amount of stars in here is nothing compared to the amount I saw in your eyes that night. But I still tried my best to paint it. ~Z

I slide the envelope with the small painting into my bag and head out of the school towards the others. Karen indeed looks bored out of her mind but she smiles once she sees me.

"I was told you came early, good morning." She smiles and hugs me for a few seconds, "Blondie is walking over, she looks... nervous."

We pull apart and I take a seat, Zara walks over and she smiles at us all before taking a seat on the wall as usual.

"Hey, Carter." She greets and I roll my eyes.

"Hey, Blondie," I answer and she smiles, it is the type of smile people have when they try their best to hide it but fail.

This one, she didn't bother trying to hide.