CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Zara

Maybe it took a lot of persuasion and a few offers of money to allow this art gallery to be open past its time, and a few more money to close it down so it's quiet. But I'd gladly spend my whole bank account on this girl.

The gallery is beautiful, the floor is made out of light wood that has a gloss to it, and the walls are a beige colour with warmed coloured lights on the wall. There are large pillars throughout the spaces along with benches and of course thousands of framed paintings and artwork throughout the building.

I watch the brunette dressed in the same clothes, her arms folded across her chest loosely and she is admiring paintings along the walls. She's always loved art.

"Hey look." She looks over her shoulder at me and I hum and she points at one painting near the ceiling and I can't help but smile. It's the night sky, with many, many stars, "Do they look like it?"

"Not even close, but it's beautiful." I respond and she rests her head on my shoulder, "See anything you like?"

"Everything." She admits and I chuckle, what was I expecting her to say?

I follow her around the room, I watch her smile up at some pieces of art and I take a picture of them and she turns to me after a few minutes.

"Blondie?" She asks and I hum and look at her, "See anything you like?"

"Paintings, no. People, you." I admit and she rolls her eyes and she then turns back around with a smile on her face and continues to walk around.

I follow her, not paying much attention to the paintings but to the girl who smiles at every one of them, she looks so happy and it warms my heart.

"Oh my gosh." She whispers and I follow her eyes to the picture hanging on the wall in the centre. Its frame is gold and is beautiful, I can really see now why she likes the painting. It's beautiful, and painted by Zhaoming Wu.

"It's amazing," I whisper and she studies the painting, each section, each colour and I can see the look in her eyes, she wants it

I take a picture of the painting and look at the brunette who is reading the writing with the information on the painting and then she looks at me, but not at me. She looks at the painting behind me, but I put the idea that she was looking at me into my head.

She walks past me and I follow behind her smiling whilst she looks at the paintings.

"Carter?" I ask and she looks at me with a confused look on her face, "Come here."

She walks over and I take her by the waist and pull her in, her cheeks turn red quickly and she is soon smiling and looking away.

"No, no look at me." I quickly say and she looks at me, her smile growing, "You look beautiful."

"Shut up." She laughs and rests her head on my chest as she wraps her arms around me, "Thank you."

"Of course." I smile and we stay hugging for a few more minutes until we have to break apart because we have paintings to look at.

She walks with me through the open door and I look over at her and she looks up at the ceiling. I look up also and smile, there's clouds painted along the ceiling, and a light blue background with butterflies and birds painted around. Each one is finely painted, with the smallest details added on, the small highlights, the smallest colour change also.

Noa's fingers brush against mine, we walk slowly and soon enough her fingers are intertwined with mine. A feeling flutters in my stomach, like a thousand butterflies flying around. Along with my heart skipping a beat with her hand in mind once again after so long,

We walk down a few stairs that are lit up and towards the exit of the gallery. It's been a few hours of looking around, and I have around twenty photos on my phone with the artwork she loves the most.

"I'll meet you outside, okay?" I say and she nods and her hand pulls away from mine as she leaves the gallery and I walk over to the counter where a woman is sitting.

"Good evening, can I help you?" She asks, looking up at me and I take out my phone.

"I'd like to buy some paintings, twenty of them in total if that's okay?" I question and she smiles and nods.

I show her each picture of the paintings until we reached the end, she typed up each one on her computer to get the prices.

"That will be a total of, £541,820," She says and I take out my card and scan it, "They will be able to collect in a few weeks or so, we will give you a phone call when they are available."

"Thank you, have a great night." I smile and she smiles back.

"You too." She answered before I made my way over to the exit and see Noa sitting on a brick low that was also used as a plant pot with a row of flowers which look beautiful with all the colours.

She's too busy looking at the flowers to see me walk over to her, she's such a nature person.

"Ready to go?" I question which caused her to turn around quickly and when she saw me, she smiles.

"I don't want to go home yet. It's almost nine, can't we go somewhere?" She asks and I shrug, "Please!"

"Where would you like to go?" I raise a brow and she stands up and walks me down the path, we walk for a few minutes until we stop in front of a shop, "What's this?"

"Stop asking questions." She sighs and I apologise and follow her inside, "It's the best place ever."

It's a bookshop. Her favourite place.