CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

Zara

A red and white dress hugs my body, a set of black tights, with a pair in of red boots and my hair has been straightened and also I have my bag with my belongings in.

It's around eight at night, I'm walking up the steps towards Karen's house who is the one throwing this party. I reach the front door which is wide open and when I walk inside, I realise why Karen loves to throw these parties.

She likes to show off her decoration skills.

There are shaped balloons in pink and red, rose petals scattered across the floor, many bouquets of roses, backdrop hearts and just silver decorations against the wall. It's all just so romantic.

"You arrived!" Juliette smiles widely as she appears with a glass of champagne, she's dressed in a white dress with red shoes and a red ribbon in her hair. Karen appears wearing the same but the colours swapped and I can't help but smile.

"I wouldn't want to miss a party," I confess and she grins and passes me a glass of the bubbly liquid which I down very quickly.

My eyes caught with a certain brunette who was sitting on the sofa with a cup of alcohol in her hand along with a cigarette in the other. She knows damn well if her mum caught her she is out of the house.

She quickly burns out the cigarette once she met my eyes and then gave me a small smile after waving away the smoke around her. God, she's hot.

I smile and refill the glass with the bottle that Juliette passes me.

"Turns out their relationship was just an act, bet you're screaming of happiness inside." Karen informs and I look at the girl as a smile appears on my face, "Indeed you are."

"But she is also very drunk so don't go making any moves you won't regret." Juliette smirks and I chuckle as I drink some more as my thoughts all move to her.

~~~

It's been an hour, some people have been having sex wherever, some have been making out in every possible place. And then there are many people flirting with others.

Including one boy who went to Noa and tried to get her number, nothing happened, just a glare and he walks away.

I head over to the sofa after having a few more drinks and sit down across from Noa, she looks at me and smiles as she sees Savannah with her hand down some girl's pants in the corner of the room. She didn't last long.

"You look stunning tonight." A girl smirks as she sits on my lap and I look at her, "Come upstairs with me."

"No," I answer and her face turns red but the red lighting hides it so she quickly leaves.

My eyes went back to Noa who was already on her next bottle of alcohol, she then sighs and leans her head back on the back of the sofa and I walk over to her.

I take a seat beside her which causes the girl to look over at me.

"Happy Valentine's Day," She slurs. "Well I originally wanted to spend the days at yours, I came to school planning on getting you back and shit I had everything in the car because I can't stop thinking about you. And then Savannah came along and boom I don't know."

"Do you like her?" I ask and she shakes her head as she takes another gulp of her drink and I look at the girl who was staring at me, "Why are you here then?"

"I knew you would come," She shrugs and I roll my eyes, "Also I want a night out."

"Makes sense." I chuckle which makes her laugh and she passes me the bottle which I drink, "Can we go somewhere quieter?"

She nods and stands up, I follow her up the stairs even though she's tripping over a step or two, she isn't walking in a straight like and I love it. I love drunk Noa.

The door of her bedroom opens up. The family gave her a whole bedroom for when she sleeps over with the lot, it's beautiful as well.

She closes the door behind me and I look around. There's a bookshelf lined up against the wall filled with hundreds of books, huge windows opposite her bed with light grey curtains falling down them since they're very tall. She has a curved sofa below a large television that's against the wall, and a rug on the floor that's white and fluffy. Hanging down from the ceiling, there's a gorgeous chandelier that screams money. There's a built-in wardrobe on one side of the wall that has a door leading to the bathroom at the end.

Then she has her queen-sized bed with grey headboards and a white duvet and grey blankets. Around five pillows on there along with the teddy bear I gave her when we first got together, the second date we ever went on. I almost got into a fight over it.

"Stop staring." She laughs and I look at her, she's picking up a remote and then she changes the lights to a dimmer setting, "Too bright."

She then throws the remote down and turns to me, her eyes fall down my body and back up and she grins.

"It's a beautiful dress." She whispers and I thank her and see her eyes lingering a few seconds so I look and see the dress riding up my thigh a little too high, so I quickly pull it down, "I was having a good view, god I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, Carter." I smile as my thoughts run wild and my eyes fall to her lips and back up, "Is she better?"

She shakes her head which makes me smile wider.

She's staring at my lips now, slowly moving closer. Closer. And closer.

Her fingers touched my skin, brushing against my cheek and I feel my body light on fire as she took my face in her hands and pulls me closer.

The next few seconds happened quickly, her lips were against mine, our tongues danced against one another, she was sitting on my lap moments later, her hands falling down my body.

Our lips move passionately against one another, she gently pushes me further against the seat as my hands rest on her dress. There are strings on the side of her outfit, I pull them undone and she groans against my lips, swirling our tongues together in the process.

My fingers meet her skin, she shuffles on me which causes our kiss to deepen and soon her hands are tangled in my hair.

"I want more, I need you." She begs as she breaks from the kiss and I look into her eyes, there's lust, there's love, there's need, "Please, Zara."

My lips crash against hers as I lift us up, her legs wrap around my waist, her arms around my neck as I walk us over to the bed.

This is finally happening.